Dumb question and Modbook question

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Stephen X

Dumb question and Modbook question

Post by Stephen X »

Okay. Is everyone sitting down. This one is stupid. get ready to laugh. Is there any way I can get rid of the default character that opens up when I launch the software. It drives me nuts. I'm sure the character is a perfectly nice guy, but he is not welcome in my house anymore. he has overstayed his welcome.

Is there something in the preferences menu that I am overlooking.

Thanks!

And one more thing totally unrelated. Has anyone seen the Modbook or used one? How do you think that it would work with Anime Studio. I am chopping at the bit for a tablet on a mac platform. Any PC tablet users comments are also more than welcome.

You all are the best
Stephen
Genete

Post by Genete »

For the start up file just rename the following file.

Code: Select all

/AnimeStudioPro/Startup/StartupFile.anme
to any other name.
Also you can create your own custom Startup file and rename it (and place it there) as StartupFile.anme. It would open as default file when Anime Studio begins.
WARNING: it is a stupid thing but AS automatically goes to frame 1 when open that file. It can cause create objects at that frame what can be annoying specially for bones structure.
-G
Stephen X

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Stephen X »

Can it just be blank. I don't want it to open anything.

Thanks Genete. You rock!

S:)
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Yes it can be "blank".

Just don't have ANY file in the startup folder.

I recently put in a blank file that has my favorite settings... resolution, depth ordering etc etc.

This is the same as having it open a blank document but it is set up the way you like.

-vern
Stephen X

Guys

Post by Stephen X »

You guys are the best. I had been sweatin' that start-up file for a while. It just bothered me when I tried to launch a file and the program and that darn file would show up instead. That poor character heard quite a bit of cussing.

You guys are super. I feel like I am back to being a newbie with that silly question. I'm working on a new character today. More fun to come:)

Thanks!
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I only just got rid of the stupid registration screen when it launches. :oops:

I hadn't registered my copy (there were issues at first and I couldn't register so I kept skipping it). I had to register my copy when I downloaded the recent update.

-vern
Stephen X

Is Vern holding out???

Post by Stephen X »

Pray tell????? What update are you referring to? Hope you aren't holding out on the rest of us.

Thanks for not making me feel so stupid:) I guess silly questions happen to the best of us.

heyvern

Post by heyvern »

There is a new update (a week or so ago?) at the efrontier site.

It mainly fixes a few problems with the mac version regarding images and file imports. I think it fixed a few PC version issues but I'm not as familiar with that.

It has no new features so it isn't "that" update yet. ;)

In my opinion the Mac people would benefit the most from the latest update.

-vern
Stephen X

Post by Stephen X »

For us mac users, where is it on the site???

You rock as always!
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

http://www.e-frontier.com/go/downloads/updates

This is where to start. You will need the serial number and it will need to be registered. This is where I got freaked out. I thought my copy WAS registered when it said my SSN was incorrect. Everything worked out fine in the end.

It's a HUGE download (about 124mb).

Make sure you get all your stuff out of the old copy of AS first before installing the update like brushes and scripts. I sort of lost some of my custom brushes dagnabbit. ;)

They say that in the installation instructions but I... didn't... follow the directions carefully. :oops:

-vern
Stephen X

Thanks Vern!

Post by Stephen X »

I guess I can never say thank you enough. Your are the best!

CoffeeStained

Post by CoffeeStained »

heyvern wrote:Yes it can be "blank".

Just don't have ANY file in the startup folder.

I recently put in a blank file that has my favorite settings... resolution, depth ordering etc etc.

This is the same as having it open a blank document but it is set up the way you like.

-vern
I know that this is a day late and a dollar short, but you can do the same thing by going to Project Settings, setting it up as you like and then clicking 'Save As Defaults'. Or am I missing something?
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

You're missing the part to get rid of that damn startup file, that's all.
CoffeeStained

Post by CoffeeStained »

Whoops, yeah. Delete Startupfile.anme, Then alter your project settings to your personal tastes and save 'em as defaults. You'll be sitting pretty every time you open Anime Studio.