new tool: Two Way Ticket to Frame 0

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

rylleman

new tool: Two Way Ticket to Frame 0

Post by rylleman »

This little tool should make your workflow just a little bit easier and faster...

http://www.rylanderanimation.se/moho/DR ... frame0.zip

Have you ever found yourself in the position that you needs to go back to frame 0 to fix something and when you have you completely forgot where you were?
Well, fear no more, install this script and whenever you needs to fix something press your selected button and you are moved to frame 0. When you are done you just press the same button again and are automatically moved to the frame you started at.

Installation: Download and unzip in your >scripts>tool folder.

Then open _tool_list.txt located in the tool folder.

I suggest installing this script either into the "Other" section of the tool-palette or adding a new group called Navigation. To do this either add the following line to the end of the file _tool_list.txt;

button DR_two_way_ticket_frame0 Y

or add the following lines;

group Navigation
color 204 220 232 255
button DR_two_way_ticket_frame0 Y

(Y is the hotkey, you can set this to whatever key you want, J, K, O and Y is by default not mapped to any tool).
Save _tool_list.txt and refresh Moho (ctrl+F5).

Note; Currently the framenumber in the little square at top left of the Timeline panel doesn't update when you transfer to frame 0 but as soon as you go back or scrub the timeline it's back to normal.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Woohooo!!!

That's a useful tool! It's amazing how we all seem to have the same "issues" with certain things. I imagine a close up of an AS user grumbling in front of his computer about having to go to frame 0 and forgetting where he was... the image zooms out to reveal 5 people grumbling... then 20 people... then 1000...

Finally someone does something about it!

Thanks dude! Such a simple concept.

p.s. I can fix that update thing in the key frame box for you when I take a look at it. I had the exact same problem with my "Action Commander". There's some obscure code for refreshing the interface that makes those things update.

-vern
rylleman

Post by rylleman »

heyvern wrote:p.s. I can fix that update thing in the key frame box for you when I take a look at it. I had the exact same problem with my "Action Commander". There's some obscure code for refreshing the interface that makes those things update.
-vern
Thank's. I just couldn't find that code so if you have it you're welcome to put it in there.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

My mistake.

Mister "know-it-all" here just can't find any way to update that frame number box. It just doesn't respond to any of the update commands. It requires actually clicking on the frame. It's very annoying but not a deal breaker obviously.

What I thought I had figured out in my Action Commander script was to update the actual editing area where changing things wasn't updating the editing window. This apparently has no effect on the time line frame number box at all... uh... I don't know what that frame number box is updated by to be honest. It only responds to a physical "click" of the mouse.

If I figure it out I will let you know.

-vern
chucky

Post by chucky »

Thanks for the script Rylleman,
I too get grumbly about missing features sometimes.
I tell you my doofus non script work around for this though- you will probably all punish me for being obvious but, here goes.....
Onion skin the frame your are working on to mark it in the timeline, and just use the rewind button to get to 0.

No installation required. :roll:
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

chucky wrote:you will probably all punish me for being obvious but, here goes.....
Onion skin the frame your are working on to mark it in the timeline, and just use the rewind button to get to 0.

No installation required. :roll:
That's what I've been doing for AGES! With this new thing and the key command... wicked fast.

There is a very odd bug related to the frame number box not getting updated though. Not a real problem just a little annoying. Sometimes because the box hasn't been updated you have trouble selecting a key frame by typing in the box. Very weird. You type in the box, hit return.. nothing happens.. BUT something DID happen. You actually go to the frame you typed but it doesn't display in the time line, the little arrow doesn't move and the box doesn't update... something like that... it's weird like I said. ;)

Just an FYI so you don't get confused. If you click the frame instead of typing in the box everything goes back to normal.

-vern
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

great tool! thanks. I have the same problem always.
(and I dont' mark with onionskins, i almost hate them, it's a torture make them dissapear... there could be a command to erase all onionskins marked)
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Selgin,
The onionskin drop down does have a 'clear all' button. :wink:
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

synthsin75 wrote:Selgin,
The onionskin drop down does have a 'clear all' button. :wink:
yes, i know it :wink:, but i'm too lazy to make two clics everytime.
drumlug13

Post by drumlug13 »

Is this supposed to still be working for 7.1 ?

I installed it and the icon is now visible in my Tools/Other Window but it's not working.

Nice concept
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

drumlug13 wrote:Is this supposed to still be working for 7.1 ?
I installed it and the icon is now visible in my Tools/Other Window but it's not working.
I'm not sure if this is working con version 7, however, you must install it as a button.
Check this thread:
viewtopic.php?t=16878
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
drumlug13

Post by drumlug13 »

Hey Selgin, thanks for the quick reply. I don't know how you can recall all of these different threads you guys have going on.

OK .... I've tried to enter the "button DR_two_way_ticket_frame 0" with and w/o a hot key and it's not letting me save changes over the original document for some reason.

I've added a couple of scripts today .... not sure what I'm doing wrong now.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

drumlug13 wrote:Hey Selgin, thanks for the quick reply. I don't know how you can recall all of these different threads you guys have going on.
Hehe, my workday is divided in forum, reading news and animating. Long renders helps :wink:
drumlug13 wrote:OK .... I've tried to enter the "button DR_two_way_ticket_frame 0" with and w/o a hot key and it's not letting me save changes over the original document for some reason.
I met someone with the same problem some days ago. Maybe you have not the necessary privileges to change that files, but, sorry, I don't know how to help you (anyway, I'm pretty sure someone here could help with that).
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
drumlug13

Post by drumlug13 »

It's quite alright Mr. S. Thanks for taking the time to help.
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

Mine quit working when I upgraded to 7.1 but it did work in 7.0.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu