Atomic 2D Blast

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

DK

Atomic 2D Blast

Post by DK »

Here's a cartoon style Atomic blast I created for a client recently. It was done in AS using particle layers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXhlAqyFEOU

Cheers
D.K
chucky

Post by chucky »

BOOM!
Cool DK,that was hot,.. rad ...even! 8)
Hey do you know how to get particles to kick off at a frame other than 0?
I don't mean just visibility but actually start to seed or whatever the correct terminology is.
DK

Post by DK »

Hey Chucky....yeah..there's a little particle symbol at the top of the timeline that controls the particle on/off seeding. Select your particle layer and you will see a green line appear. Click on it to turn the particles on or off. It works a bit like the layer visibility timeline.

Cheers
D.K
chucky

Post by chucky »

No way! I must be going blind and stupid.
Thanks matey!
dm

Post by dm »

did you use Chucky's da bomb file/idea for that?

Interesting look.

More interesting that you have a client who wanted an atomic blast recently, I've been drawing atomic blasts for a job, Toxicink's recent sample post includes a couple of atomic blasts... I wonder if it means anything?

Incidentally, I couldn't get AS to do the right 'look' without a LOT of work, so our atomic blasts have all been done with pencil on paper, and we even went so far as to tea stain and punch rice paper for the look (which is the exact opposite of the work saving we were seeking-but at least it looks right-thanks again, Chucky)

-dm
DK

Post by DK »

Hi dm.

Not sure about chucky's version. I did this from scratch a couple months ago for a confectionary product. Must be flavour of the month, (I hope it's not some collective conciousness premonition Heroes!!!....hehe...)

EDIT : Hey....I just downloaded chucky's atomic bomb from that other thread here:

viewtopic.php?t=12078&highlight=atomic

Must've missed the file link before but I love it!!! Chucky's is a way more realistic version than mine. Man....and it has a massive particle count!!!

My one is lighter on particles so i could maintain output to swf. then import to Flash. I noticed something interesting with AS particles, swf's and flash player. If the particle count is too high in AS the swf file output will have bigtime playback problems. I had to keep the particles down and limit the number of frames on the timeline to 160 frames.

Here's a link to my version if anyone's interested:

http://www.wienertoonz.com/DKABOMB.zip

Cheers
DK
PARKER

Post by PARKER »

Great job DK.
Keep it up!
DK

Post by DK »

Hey thanks Parker ;)

Cheers