Animator needed for music video

Want to hire an Moho animator? Post your job listing here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

farajg

Animator needed for music video

Post by farajg »

I live in East Africa and represent a number of artists over here. I am looking for someone to do an animated music video for one of my artists. The song is an upbeat english language track and i have a general idea of the direction i would like the video to go.

I can pay a small fee (not sure what going rates are so not sure what range is when i say small)... i can also guarantee airtime across east Africa and possibly on MTVBase, MTV's Africa channel, if the video is decent as this will be for a pretty popular artist in the region who has already had videos on MTV, and all regional stations.

Please let me know if you are interested and send me links to any sample work you have out there.

I do not care about experience, only that you have the time and skills to put together a nice video. There is the possibility of follow up work if this project goes well.

Thanks
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

I'd like to hear the general idea you have and if there is a deadline on this work. As for the fee, small is relative mostly to the amount of work involved, I think.
farajg

Basic video idea

Post by farajg »

We are not looking for anything specific in terms of storyline, but do have an idea of the vibe we want. The video is for a song called "New Day", with chorus lyrics that go "Its a brand new day, it is a brand new day for me."

The feel of the video should be uplifting. I imagine flowers blooming, sun rising, butterflies emerging from cocoons, children playing... that is the idea but the video doesnt have to have any of those images.

The market is primarily in Africa and the aesthetic look should reflect that in color schemes and patterns...

The only requirement would be that there needs to be some representation of our artist in the video. but we are wide open to how this happens.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

The main point is always money ...

This forum consists of enthusiastic amateurs as well as professional animators. While the first group may work for little or even no money, the second group must pay the rent from animation work. A music video needs at least one month of animation time (at least mikdog would be able to do that, and he is fast!). This doesn't include production design if it all starts from scratch, and the time needed to get feedback and approval from you.

I am really interested in doing your video, especially because of its african theme. Please tell how much money you can spend for animation - in private message, if necessary. Only then I can decide if I can spend working time for you.
jwlane

Access to Music, Production Approach

Post by jwlane »

Animators seriously considering this assignment need to hear the music. I've had successful dealings with European and American music publishers. I've given them a private login at my website, so only their personnel could see and hear the project. There are statements of understanding, and everyone's copyrights have been well respected.

I might be interested in doing a portion of the project. Low pay would prevent me from devoting enough time to do it all. This might be a good project for collective effort with a lead animator directing. If this approach is workable, artists will be needed for specific tasks:

1. Story Design (general look of project, style, color, good job for background artist).
2. Character and Prop Design (model sheets drawn by an animator).
3. Storyboards (production quality with camera moves, director's job?)
4. Animatic from Boards (because this has to sync to music; same person should do compositing).
5. Backgrounds (accurate layouts to animators, then finish art).
6. Animation (main character, or characters).
7. Animation (secondary characters and, or props and effects).
8. Compositing and Post Effects (can take a long time to do correctly).
mdmodeler

Post by mdmodeler »

A collaborative effort between a few artists would be a great idea.
I'm not that concerned about money.
The skills I can bring to the table:
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator, Premiere)
- Illustration (http://mdmodeler.deviantart.com/gallery/)
- 3D modeling (non-photo realistic or cartoon rendering technique)
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

After sending a detailed PM to this person I never received an answer.

I suggest we may close job threads like this with a post by someone who got the job, or with a notice that the offer was turned down or ignored.
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

I got this job btw. Been paid up front, now have 2 months to do it.
mdmodeler

Great to hear!!

Post by mdmodeler »

Great to hear!!! I know it's hard for job posters to remember everywhere they posted and follow up with a closing post. I was helping a buddy recruit comic book artists a while back and it was very difficult to remember everywhere I posted his request.
PARKER

Post by PARKER »

jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Parker, read the posts properly. This bird has flown...
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?