Timmy the talking TV

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jhbmw007

Timmy the talking TV

Post by jhbmw007 »

Here's a Digtal TV conversion PSA featuring Timmy the talking Television:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kp5aY-wc7JM

Please come back to this page to vote for my video when voting begins Dec 1st:
http://www.youtube.com/user/dtvtransition

Thanks fellow AS animators!
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

:lol: What do you give a fellow who already has two 'fun sticks' :shock: ?
Box is just the thing!

Funny, but oh so wrong.
tschingiz

Post by tschingiz »

good job! thank you!
areyouguystwins

Post by areyouguystwins »

I liked it. Great storyline, voices and animation.

I actually learned something from it too, as I never knew exactly how the digital convertor boxes hook up to the TV and antenna. Now I know. Isn't that the point of the animation, to teach people about digital TV conversion?

Awesome job. Keep it up.

[BTW: Ignore the comments (on Youtube) about the TV being lifeless. People always have to have something negative and non constructive to say if they can't animate or write themselves. It's the nature of human beings.]
chucky

Post by chucky »

Yes Sir..... I like it.
Very cool jhbm , one question....so digital ntsc huh? Doesn't seem worth it :wink:
It's great to see AS used so professionally, thanks for sharing that. :D
jhbmw007

Post by jhbmw007 »

Yea- I forgot to mention in the video that tv's hooked to cable or satellite don't need a converter box. Those tv's will forever be stuck in analog prepubescence.
sinclair

Post by sinclair »

Really great stuff-

The negative comments on youtube are ridiculous and without merit, the concept alone is brilliant and you nailed it-

(Glad I'm not competing in that contest with you (as I have in the past) that entry will be tough to beat)-
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Hey! Nice! Reminiscent of Ren & Stimpy work. Love the painterly backdrops, how'd you do that? The BG's remind me of Spongebob Squarepants kind of vibe.
jhbmw007

Post by jhbmw007 »

Hey Mikdog- it's really easy actually. I render the frame I want to "paint" out of Anime Studio to a large sized jpeg. Then I use Corel Painter Essentials (came with my Wacom) to clone the jpeg, and basically repaint the whole thing from scratch. But it lets you display a ghost image of the original, and you just "paint trace" over it as if you were painting. It will automatically choose the colors for the image as you repaint it. Then I usually go back and add some shading.

Thanks everyone for the comments and checking out my cartoon!
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Oh wow, thanks jhbmw007! I've had Painter Essentials....well since buying my Wacom tablet....and I never knew of that feature. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. It look very useful.
:D
Springymajig

Post by Springymajig »

That was nice, you captured the Nikelodeon feel really well without it feeling ripoffy.

A coupla constructive crits though, the animation feels a little too digital and floaty cos there's not really any slow ins and slow outs, you should try to make things snap a bit more. But the choice of movements(if that makes....) and the drawings themselves are very nice.

And also the text at the end, the font and colour choice is... well... pretty ugly, and instantly lowered it from being something that looked professional to something that looked home made.