Quote's needed for anime short

Want to hire an Moho animator? Post your job listing here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Silver Fox

Quote's needed for anime short

Post by Silver Fox »

Hi,

I've been web surfing for a while now and the folks on this forum seem to know what they're talking about so I thought I'd post something here.

Me and a friend are just completing writing a feature film and to help get funding for it we are planning on making a short to attract investors. Roughly 1/4 of the film is going to be done in anime style animation. I've been looking around and can't really gauge how much this will cost.

We're already working with concept artists who have designed some characters for us, and they're about to start work on the anime style concepts too.

There will be approximately 3 minutes of animation to be done on the short, and we would need animation only, not voices or SFX.

Anyone out there who would be willing to give us a quote on this? We're looking at how we're going to finance this ourselves, so the cheaper the better, but I understand that people need to get paid.

If you want to check out our website it is www.silverfoxthemovie.com.

If you have any questions please ask!

Thanks for your time!

PS Also note I come form of a place of COMPLETE ignorance of how animation is done or accomplished so I appreciate any questions clarifying the project or requirements of the animation.
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

Wow, this all looks very cool. What you are asking for is unfortunately beyond my skill level, but have you seen PARKER's work by any chance... Some anime studio works. I hope he sees this thread because I reckon he would be ideal for this project.

PS I like how you've come and asked for a quote, instead of what most people do and say, "I've got this idea for a movie, can someone here make it for me, free of charge?".
Silver Fox

Post by Silver Fox »

Thanks for your reply!

Yes I have seen Parker's work and have actually IM'd him already!

And of course I'm all for getting people paid (at least something!). As an actor and a scriptwriter I hate it when people always ask me to do spec work. We have to be the change we want to see!
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

Some of my work:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0G7g7cF_3s

If you need help contact me.

Dale
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Interesting...

Something like anime section in Kill Bill (I think film 1? Maybe 2) about a kid under the bed and some bad guys going nuts? Very violent though, I didn't dig it too much.

Good luck. Great concept art. Hmm. Looks like you might be needing quite a big budget to do justice to those sketches. They're pretty awesome.
Silver Fox

Post by Silver Fox »

Thanks! The concept art is for the live action sequences, not the anime. That's being done at the moment.

Yes the anime sections in Kill Bill were primarily what inspired us to try this concept.
jwlane

Quote Necessities

Post by jwlane »

I don't mean to step on any toes, and maybe your taking care of this already:

Without model sheets and particularly production quality storyboards, a true quote can not really be provided. Any pricing will have to cover any contingency if you don't provide pre-production guidelines. In short, the responses will be limited. The boards don't have to be the slick, colorful type that is pitched to investors. They DO have to accurately reflect how much movement is involved. So, there will be a wagon load of panels per minute. Pencil over blue line sketch is fine, but the drawings have to be enough in character to show true staging (blocking).
Silver Fox

Post by Silver Fox »

Thanks for your reply. Yes, we're in talks at the moment with our concept artists to provide the model sheets and someone to do storyboards too. I guess I should come back once those are done?