Chaotic

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

blacksunproject

Chaotic

Post by blacksunproject »

Has any one seen an animated series called "Chaotic" on any of the cable TV networks?

The style and method of animation looks like something that can be duplicated using Anime Studio Pro.

Anyone have any comments or opinions on this?
Thanks in advance,

Gustavo
dsaenz825

Post by dsaenz825 »

I've seen like three episodes because I noticed that as well, it is very simple if you break it down; just a little time consuming :wink:
I love comments for they help me improve on my weaknesses.
blacksunproject

Post by blacksunproject »

dsaenz825 wrote:I've seen like three episodes because I noticed that as well, it is very simple if you break it down; just a little time consuming :wink:
When I watch the series, I love that fact that it's something that can be accomplished with AS studio.

Gustavo
Craigar

Post by Craigar »

I've been doing television production for over 15 years.

There's a common belief that equipment/technology/facilities are essential to success. While this statement has truth in it, it hides the much greater truth: WE alone are the greatest conduits to success.

It's not the sneakers that make a great basketball player.
Does he need them; are they essential? Yes. But are they also incidental? Yes!

Each of us has immeasurable ability.

-Craig
Craigar
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

a little cutesy, but well said!
banjar

Re: Chaotic

Post by banjar »

blacksunproject wrote:Has any one seen an animated series called "Chaotic" on any of the cable TV networks?

The style and method of animation looks like something that can be duplicated using Anime Studio Pro.

Anyone have any comments or opinions on this?
Thanks in advance,

Gustavo
I try to watch Chaotic every Saturday when I get my cartoon fix.

I like its clean drawings, color schemes and visual effects. Are you saying that this is done in Anime Studio?
Last edited by banjar on Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
banjar

Post by banjar »

Craigar wrote:I've been doing television production for over 15 years.

There's a common belief that equipment/technology/facilities are essential to success. While this statement has truth in it, it hides the much greater truth: WE alone are the greatest conduits to success.

It's not the sneakers that make a great basketball player.
Does he need them; are they essential? Yes. But are they also incidental? Yes!

Each of us has immeasurable ability.

-Craig
You are 100% right. But it also helps to have some cool software.
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

Hello all
banjar wrote:Are you saying that this is done in Anime Studio?
Chaotic is done in Toonboom Digital Pro/Harmony (Chaotic - Grossology - Digata Defender - Ruby Gloom and many more )

Although AS Pro could and can do cutout animation style, it lacks a few tools like morphing to achieve all the tricks done in these productions, but it can do very close, look at greykid stuff for examples.

GC
banjar

Post by banjar »

GCharb wrote:Hello all
Chaotic is done in Toonboom Digital Pro/Harmony (Chaotic - Grossology - Digata Defender - Ruby Gloom and many more )

Although AS Pro could and can do cutout animation style, it lacks a few tools like morphing to achieve all the tricks done in these productions, but it can do very close, look at greykid stuff for examples.

GC
Thanks for the info. Yeah, GreyKid creates some great stuff... a benchmark to work toward.
kphgraphics

Post by kphgraphics »

GCharb wrote:Hello all

GC
So can Toonboom Digital Pro achieve all the tricks done in these productions alone?
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

can Toonboom Digital Pro achieve all the tricks done in these productions alone?
Who cares? Any professional production will use as much different software as it needs to get the job done. It's only the amateur who might be only able to afford one program who asks this question.
banjar

Post by banjar »

slowtiger wrote:
can Toonboom Digital Pro achieve all the tricks done in these productions alone?
Who cares? Any professional production will use as much different software as it needs to get the job done. It's only the amateur who might be only able to afford one program who asks this question.
Harsh words but true never-the-less.

Being such a mean guy, I suppose that you are the wrong person to ask ... but I'll ask anyway.

Where can I buy that new software program that does everything and only requires a rough sketch and a single mouse click and only costs five dollars?
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Where can I buy that new software program that does everything and only requires a rough sketch and a single mouse click and only costs five dollars?
Eh, pulling my leg again, are you? *wg*

Seriously. No one could answer that question without a detailed description of what you actually want to do.

Anybody could create nice results with nearly any software - it only depends on your devotion to it, on your ability and willingness to learn, and of course on your very own creative input.

The thing with animation is that the principles you need to know are completely independant from the technique or software you use. Software only enables you to do certain tasks much faster or more comfortably. If the success of your project really depends on one certain SFX, I'd recommend you to go back to basic filmmaking 101. Most certainly the film would do without that FX, more likely the effect could be created good enough with what you have at hand, but most probably you have treated your subject with a wrong mindset, concentrating on the surface instead of basic storytelling and other important ingredients.

It is totally OK to have a love for special effects. But those people rarely do their own films.
banjar

Post by banjar »

slowtiger wrote: Anybody could create nice results with nearly any software - it only depends on your devotion to it, on your ability and willingness to learn, and of course on your very own creative input.

The thing with animation is that the principles you need to know are completely independant from the technique or software you use. Software only enables you to do certain tasks much faster or more comfortably. If the success of your project really depends on one certain SFX, I'd recommend you to go back to basic filmmaking 101. Most certainly the film would do without that FX, more likely the effect could be created good enough with what you have at hand, but most probably you have treated your subject with a wrong mindset, concentrating on the surface instead of basic storytelling and other important ingredients.

It is totally OK to have a love for special effects. But those people rarely do their own films.
Do you mean (OMG!!!!) it takes hard work and talent? Or if I don't have the talent or the ingenuity, then it takes hard work???? Writing good, basic stories that are interesting?

You're joking, right?

Who needs to write stories? Why can't I just jump right in and start drawing like Daffy Duck? Daffy Duck always does interesting things and he never writes stories.
dsaenz825

Post by dsaenz825 »

Whoa, lets not argue about advice now.
I agree with Slowtiger on this one though, any program will suffice. Heck here is what I did with paint, it took me like 45 minutes. And it's not a professional program. :mrgreen:
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.c ... 94677c477f

And don't be offended with Slowtigers comment, he is just a direct strait to the point type of person. If you need a constructive comment he's the one. Plus, foundations are necessary for the building of anything. :wink:

Eh, loss in quality, myspace's fault :lol:
I love comments for they help me improve on my weaknesses.