Copy keyframes on 3D object layer to a group layer?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Nimphaea

Copy keyframes on 3D object layer to a group layer?

Post by Nimphaea »

Hello everybody!

I have a question about the timeline.

I have made an animation on one layer where I had a 3D object imported. I animated this layer with keyframes on the rotate layer x/y/z. Now, I had some problems yesterday which are solved now, thanks to the help of synthsin75: viewtopic.php?t=12852

But now I have a new problem. I want to copy the frames on the 3D layer I animated first, and paste them to a group layer. It looks like it is not possible...? I tried the copy / paste command in the timeline itself and in the top menu. What am I doing wrong...?

I really hope somebody can help me with this problem too. Thank you very much in advance!
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Yeah, I'm afraid that one's got no easy solution. The only thing I can think of would be to copy those layer rotation values one by one for each keyframe. Probably easier to just redo it all in the group layer.
Nimphaea

Post by Nimphaea »

synthsin75, thank you very much again for your help. I really appreciate it!

It's disappointing to hear that it is not possible to copy the animation. In the meanwhile, I was already busy animating it again. A lot of work, but since there is no other way, I'll have to do it.

Thanks again for your help :) !
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

If you plan ahead a bit next time, you could put the 3D object into a group layer, do the animation on that layer, then duplicate that group layer after animation is done, and erase the 3D object in that duplicate layer.