Test version of Papagayo supporting extra languages

Discuss Papagayo issues here

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

yken

Post by yken »

Can New languages supported include:chinese?
THX!!
my english is very pool,so sorry! :cry:
pepe

Post by pepe »

Hi !

Congrats for the new languages implemented in papagayo...

I'm interested to implement french, someone can help me in order to do that ?

It seems i'have to find a open source phonetic dictionnary, and doing some modifications in the py files (put new fonem if it's needed), is that ?

Thanks a lot !

pepe
mkelley

Post by mkelley »

Pepe and yKen,

If you had taken note, this thread is VERY old -- prior to your posts the last post was three years ago. Papagayo development, AFAIK, has come to a complete standstill and there is little likelihood of any additional languages to be added.

For full disclosure about a year ago there was a rumor some woman was working on the program, but I tried contacting her without success and I'm fairly sure either the rumor was false or she stopped her work. In any case there have been no new releases of the program for years.

The good news is the source is freely available and if you are a programmer (or can convince a programmer friend to help) you could add what you wanted yourself. Do a search for the program and you'll find where to get the source (same place you download the program).

Otherwise your only luck would be to enter your languages as English equivalent phonetics. This might be of some help in that process (as well as any programming efforts to do this):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internatio ... c_Alphabet
pepe

Post by pepe »

Hi Mkelly,

thanks a lot for your answer :)

For implementing french in papagayo, it works well for inaccentued letter (i'm using a especialy phonemics dictionary), but when there is é è ç... it can't fonction, even if the dictionnary hasn't this special caracters.

I have seen that there is a script unicode_hammer.py . Very good idea this script, to remplace specials caracters by other, or delete if no exist. However i try it with all languages (spanish, russian, italian, swedish...) but if put for exemple "éstuvé" normaly it will transform that in "estuve" and can show the phonem with the sound. But no, i have to do the breakdown manually... Anyone has got any idea for when i put for exemple "abaissée" it will search in the dictionnary for "abaissee" without the accent ? I'm doing this modification in papagayo with ubuntu on the papagayo linux version.

Thanks a lot !!!

Cheers,

Ghislain
wena

Test version of Papagayo supporting extra languages

Post by wena »

I would like to find if I can use Papagayo for use with Welsh language.

As for programing I am hopeless, so is it a matter of entering some language into some part of the program?

Is there a tutorial on the subject?

Wena D. Parry

South Wales, U.K