My first real animation i'd like to share

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

SjN

My first real animation i'd like to share

Post by SjN »

I'v been studying Anime studio for almost a month now, and based on this video you'll be able to tell that I am not an expert but I am learning.

Actually I made this one for my mom on mother's day.

I ran into couple of issues making this animation, for example the grass,

I used particles to make the grass, and some grass that supposed to be behind the character yet it appears infront of the character, I couldn't figure out how to fix that.

Another major problem I ran into, I couldn't make the flower appear between the two hands.

The flower is inside the bone layer, and the character is in its own bone layer. I tried sticking the flower inside the character's bone layer and put it in between left hand layer and right hand layer, which then looked like the flower was inbetween the character's hands, except that the flower started following the character whenever I moved it.

So I left the problem unsolved. If anybody knows a solution, i'd be glad to hear.

Enjoy the animation. (available HQ)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60jHmF5wEzo
mirror:
http://www.vimeo.com/4555311
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

Think in layers. To get the hand in front of the flower it has to be on a higher layer. Another way is change the sorting distance in the Project settings. Then change the z position to be nearer than the flower layer.

Dale
SjN

Post by SjN »

dueyftw wrote:Think in layers. To get the hand in front of the flower it has to be on a higher layer. Another way is change the sorting distance in the Project settings. Then change the z position to be nearer than the flower layer.

Dale
but that means I have to put the flower layer inside the character's bone layer, which means the flower will be following the character whenever he moves.
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

No that means that your bone group with the arms might have to come apart. AS allows you to change the layer order on the time line, so the one arm is higher then the flower.

Dale
SjN

Post by SjN »

Yes I am aware that you can change the layer order on the time line,
It's just you can't break the bone layer apart in time line.

the arms are inside the character's bone layer

and the flower is inside its own bone layer.

I can't just take the arm out in the middle of animation out of its bone layer and move it above the flower.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

If you put the flower layer in the character's bone layer, you can release it from the bone influence. (select all bones, select all points on flower layer, Bone>Release points, and Bone>Release layer) The only thing you'd have to avoid is doing any layer animation on the character's bone layer, which can be done by just translating the character's root bone.

:wink:
SjN

Post by SjN »

synthsin75 wrote:If you put the flower layer in the character's bone layer, you can release it from the bone influence. (select all bones, select all points on flower layer, Bone>Release points, and Bone>Release layer) The only thing you'd have to avoid is doing any layer animation on the character's bone layer, which can be done by just translating the character's root bone.

that's a nice solution.. but what if I have two characters and I wanted to make first character hand the flower to the 2nd character.. and I cannot take the flower out from the bone layer on the timeline.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

In that case you'd need to swap visibility between three duplicate layers of that flower. One in each character's bone layer and one outside.

SjN

Post by SjN »

Aha! thanks.
any solution for the grass?
realsnake

Post by realsnake »

I really like your work :D
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Try using two duplicates of that grass particle, one in front of and one behind the character.
SjN

Post by SjN »

synthsin75 wrote:
Try using two duplicates of that grass particle, one in front of and one behind the character.

Wow I think I am a psychic.. just before I refreshed the post I knew you were gonna suggest to put one particle in front and one at the back. :o

Thanks! I think that's what I should have done.

Thanks realsnake! glad you like it!
realsnake

Post by realsnake »

Very good animation, reminds me 'Cramp Twin' cartoon character Wayne 8)
SjN

Post by SjN »

Thanks realsnake. I am glad you like it! :)
jay1982

Post by jay1982 »

............. YOU CAN CHANGE THE LAYER ORDER ON THE TIMELINE?!

not 100% sure how i didn't notice this. that would've saved me so much hassle in my last project ;) amazing.