Anime Motion lines... question on repeating backdrops

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

rpc9943

Anime Motion lines... question on repeating backdrops

Post by rpc9943 »

hey there aagaaaaaain!

I am going to be creating anime line motion backdrops for really hilarious epic effect, i am wondering what is the best way to create this? In some ways I want to make it to be a repetative background similar to how they used to do it in the old cartoons. Would this be done by copying and pasting x number of backdrops lined up, and making them pan on the x axis? or would there be a way to pan, then go back to the original position, and cycle 3-4 backdrops?

RonC
Anime Studio, Xara Xtreme 4, Magix Movie Edit Pro 11, Papagayo, Ableton Live 8, Artrage Deluxe
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

To do a scrolling background, it's easiest to make one long background that the beginning and end match up. Then you can pan across (or translate the layer) once, use a step keyframe to return it to its starting position, and cycle the keyframes as long as you need.

As long as you use a step keyframe and the ends match up (use onionskin). it will look seamless.

:wink:
mkelley

Post by mkelley »

When I do this I use three or four copies of the backdrop (altered to look different or not) and then just animate their movement so that as one drops out of the frame it moves around to the end of the line (using step keys so it immediately appears there).

It's kind of like a row of dancers who have the ability, once offstage, to transport themselves to the end of the other line, if that makes sense. With this approach you can then loop the animation endlessly.
rpc9943

Post by rpc9943 »

this is perfect. I could replicate for example a city street with the same sign repeating over and over this way too... as well as foreground lampposts and garbage cans... thank you so much guys

RonC
Anime Studio, Xara Xtreme 4, Magix Movie Edit Pro 11, Papagayo, Ableton Live 8, Artrage Deluxe
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

I'd also make a couple of duplicate copies, place them alongside each other, put them all in a group layer, and move the group layer along the X axis if needs to be simulate a scrolling background. Or move the camera if you want to do that.