Problem with Channel Cycling

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Mike McGrane

Problem with Channel Cycling

Post by Mike McGrane »

Hey, I am having a problem using channel cycling in animation walk cycle. I am following the tutorial in Ch 16 of the "Official Guidebook". I followed the instructions on page 280, para 4. I hold down the Alt Key and click on the frame range, 69, it goes blue from frame 69 to 72. I go to play and the Time slider, goes to frames 69-72 and runs those frames only. I have reset it many times and put the time slider at frame 1 frame 24, and frame 69. Still the same problem. It worked during the tutorial. But hasn't since. Could some one please advise on how to correct my mistake. Thanks. P.S. the book has been a great hlp and worth the investment.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Don't have the book, so I can only guess. Using alt+left click/ alt+right click to change the blue range on the timeline changes the start and end frames for the whole project. Using ctrl the same way does this without changing the project length.

But these methods are only useful for previewing your cycle. For the exported animation you'll need to use cycling keyframe interpolation.

:wink:
Mike McGrane

Cycling

Post by Mike McGrane »

OK Thanks, will give it a try. I used both left and right clicks on the frame range. But will try again. Will research the interpolation tip as well. Because, the ultimate goal is to export the render the animation.
Mike McGrane

Channels

Post by Mike McGrane »

Yup, by Gawd that's it flipping alt/rt click frame 69. Thanks so much. Now for interoploation