Timeline issues - anime studio (not pro)

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

rpc9943

Timeline issues - anime studio (not pro)

Post by rpc9943 »

hey i read the manual cant figure this one out, should be simple enough...

the blue section in anime studio goes from 1-72. how can i modify this? my workaround has been left ctrl click and right ctrl click to change the loop.... it doesnt really make sense how to modify the blue part though... anyone?

also, I notice after a certain time, the wav file soundtrack simply disappears.... any help with that? or is that a weird limitation?

RonC
Anime Studio, Xara Xtreme 4, Magix Movie Edit Pro 11, Papagayo, Ableton Live 8, Artrage Deluxe
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

In File>Project Settings, you can change the start/ends frames, or alt+left-click to set start, atl+right-click to set end on blue section of timeline.

The waveform disappearing is a bug. I don't remember off hand how to bring it back.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

synthsin75 wrote:The waveform disappearing is a bug. I don't remember off hand how to bring it back.
Just close and reopen the file, that should work.
Remember you can set zero as the end of the animation in project settings, this way you animation length will be flexible depending of the last keyframe you add.
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

When the sound disappears put the timeline marker on past 40 seconds, which is usually when the sound disappears. You still hear it but the visual waveform doesn't display. So, put the marker in the area where the sound isn't showing then redo the ANIMATION > IMPORT AUDIO or whatever its called, what you normally do to select the soundtrack. Then it shows up again. A bit frustrating, but not the end of the world. Man, I was using Vegas studio on a girl's Windows PC this last weekend. I cannot tell you how many times the program packed up and freaked out. Made me very sad. Lots of restarting the laptop and waiting. I...really don't like Windows all that much. Off topic, but thought I'd mention it. After using Mac for a while now, Windows really does feel like a joke. A totally unfriendly piece of software with a heck of a lot of breakdowns and I dunno. I'm rambling now.
TheChewanater

Post by TheChewanater »

Mikdog wrote:When the sound disappears put the timeline marker on past 40 seconds, which is usually when the sound disappears. You still hear it but the visual waveform doesn't display. So, put the marker in the area where the sound isn't showing then redo the ANIMATION > IMPORT AUDIO or whatever its called, what you normally do to select the soundtrack. Then it shows up again. A bit frustrating, but not the end of the world. Man, I was using Vegas studio on a girl's Windows PC this last weekend. I cannot tell you how many times the program packed up and freaked out. Made me very sad. Lots of restarting the laptop and waiting. I...really don't like Windows all that much. Off topic, but thought I'd mention it. After using Mac for a while now, Windows really does feel like a joke. A totally unfriendly piece of software with a heck of a lot of breakdowns and I dunno. I'm rambling now.
An easier way (to me at least) to make the audio reappear is to open preferences and close it immediately. This only makes about 30 more seconds, so you have to keep doing it. I rarely work on that much without closing the project and opening it back up, so it isn't more of a minor nuisance.

Oh, and... LINUX FTW!!!
ImageImage