Anime Studio 6 strings files

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Lost Marble
Site Admin

Anime Studio 6 strings files

Post by Lost Marble »

Someone asked me how to change menu shortcut keys. In version 5, you just edited the strings file, but in version 6 the strings file is not included with the program.

You can now download and install the strings files yourselves. First select the strings file to match the version of the app that you have (Debut or Pro).

http://my.smithmicro.com/downloads/file ... trings.zip
http://my.smithmicro.com/downloads/file ... trings.zip

Un-zip the archive, and you'll get a strings file named:
Anime Studio Pro.strings

Copy this to the applications Resources folder. On Windows this is in the program folder, right next to the app. On Mac, it's inside the application package - right-click the application and select "Show Package Contents". Then navigate to Contents/Resources.

Once the strings file is in place, you can edit it to your heart's content. One person wanted to add a shortcut key to Blend Morphs. To do that, you'd look for the line:

/Menus/Animation/BlendMorphs=Blend Morphs...

And add the shortcut key to the end:

/Menus/Animation/BlendMorphs=Blend Morphs...B

(B is already taken by Batch Render, but that's the idea.)
Dodgy

Post by Dodgy »

Awesome!

Might I suggest a default for the release version, since I can see a lot of non tech users having to use this panel :)
Dodgy

Post by Dodgy »

Hmmm, using your method, I can't get it to react to the hotkey I set...
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Thank you Mike! it works perfect. Now blend morph is better yet.
And, hey, the addition of control+shit+Z to redo is fantastic too.
ASP

Post by ASP »

Thanks Mike for your great work, we're all so excited about this new, so long-waited version!

I'm willing to make a russian version of this strings files, to help popularize this great program among the russian-speaking people, and I've got a question: for 5.6 I saved the strings file in Unicode (UTF-8 ) w/o BOM, and russian letters appeared well, but when I try to save the strings in this format now, russian text becomes unrecognizable characters. I've tried another encodings, but steel no success. Is there a solution for that?

Thanks in advance!
dazza101

Post by dazza101 »

Thank you :D
Imago

Post by Imago »

Somewhere are an Italian version? :roll:
Sorry for my bad english... Q_Q
Barry Baker

Post by Barry Baker »

I can't get this to work. I have copied the Anime Studio Pro.strings file to Resources, and searched for peak and smooth, so I can change the shortcuts back to P and M. I found two entries, one for each in the menus and tools. So I changed

/Menus/Draw/Peak=PeakP
to
/Menus/Draw/Peak=PeakP...P

/Menus/Draw/Smooth=SmoothM
to
/Menus/Draw/Smooth=SmoothM...M

/Scripts/Tool/Peak/Peak=Peak
to
/Scripts/Tool/Peak/Peak=Peak...P

and
/Scripts/Tool/Peak/Smooth=Smooth
to
/Scripts/Tool/Peak/Smooth=Smooth...M

I used to be able to refresh Anime Studio by pressing Ctrl-F5, but it doesn't seem to work anymore, so I had to shut it down and re-open. However, the shortcuts still don't work, and the program still lists Ctrl-P and Ctrl-M as the menu shortcuts.

Where am I going wrong? And couldn't keyboard shortcut definitions be made part of the interface? - ie. the ability to change them should be a menu item.
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

I tried for a couple of hours to create a Blend Morphs shortcut without success also :(
rylleman

Post by rylleman »

Barry Baker wrote:I can't get this to work. I have copied the Anime Studio Pro.strings file to Resources, and searched for peak and smooth, so I can change the shortcuts back to P and M. I found two entries, one for each in the menus and tools. ..
Try changing the tool shortcuts in the file _tool_list.txt in the scripts>tool folder. I think those settings overrides the strings-file.
Barry Baker

Post by Barry Baker »

Oh yes, of course, the tool list, just like before. Dohhh... Why didn't I think of that?

However, as there are no longer separate tools for peak and smooth (you have to be using the curvature tool), I can't define shortcuts for these functions. How annoying! I use peak and smooth so often, I only want a single key to press.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

This strings assume the shortcuts always as Control + ...
So, if you put P, it will be Control + P
To get back the shortcuts P and M (without control) for peak and smooth, you need to put the 5.6 button tools in version 6 scripts/tool folder and add the shortcuts on file _tool_list.txt. That should work.
Barry Baker

Post by Barry Baker »

selgin wrote:This strings assume the shortcuts always as Control + ...
So, if you put P, it will be Control + P
To get back the shortcuts P and M (without control) for peak and smooth, you need to put the 5.6 button tools in version 6 scripts/tool folder and add the shortcuts on file _tool_list.txt. That should work.
Ok, I get that the menus expect a ctrl+ now. I followed your suggestion for the v5.6 peak and smooth tools (I had to adapt them first for v6 using Vern's tip about changing the localization line) and I put the old tools into the new tools folder and changed the _tool_list.txt

But... the old tools don't seem to work at all anymore. I had changed the shortcut for the new fill bucket to K instead of P, which would duplicate my shortcut for Peak, but the peak tool doesn't respond anyway. I think there is a deeper seated reason why it can't be fooled like this. Neither peak nor smooth (from 5.6) work in v6.
elbramtsol

Post by elbramtsol »

The reason I think is not working is because you have to include the word "button" in the tool list:

Code: Select all

button	lm_smooth			M
button	lm_peak				P
...that happened to me too :roll:
Barry Baker

Post by Barry Baker »

That did it! Thank you.