Animated shape order in single layer

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

velu

Animated shape order in single layer

Post by velu »

I think work will move so fast if this kind of tools when available in timeline.

Lower shape, Raise Shape and Hiding Edges will be added in Timeline

My Intend
I am doing like this

Hiding Edges
When I need to change the overlap line, I have to use 'line width' tool and I will add more points for a shape. Another option is making separate outline with a selected points. I have to change the alpha value of outline as '255' or '0' for done this.

Lower and Raise Shape
I am making many shapes in a object itself. I will change a shape alpha value as '255' and others alpha value will be '0'
(Shape Ordering will be needed as layer ordering. This will avoid using more layers)

In My work
I have used each layer for each one:
In a human object: 1. Head 2.Chest 3.left hand 4. Right Hand 5. Left Leg 6. Right Leg.

My opinion
Layer ordering for a Human head, chest, hands, and legs
Shape Ordering for a Head eyes, nose, ears and mouth

Thanks
Last edited by velu on Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I love Moho
da2tha3

Post by da2tha3 »

Actually I'm with you on that. It'd be nice to be able to animate the order of shapes without creating 500 layers for a character.
velu

Post by velu »

Hi Sir, You have told absolutely. I hope this should be added in next version.

Thanks.
I love Moho
SpaceBoy64

Post by SpaceBoy64 »

Actually I was just hoping for key commands to raise or lower shapes. Like control-B for send to back and control-F for bring to front. Can this be done already?
FB

Post by FB »

SpaceBoy64 wrote:Actually I was just hoping for key commands to raise or lower shapes. Like control-B for send to back and control-F for bring to front. Can this be done already?
Select the shape you want, then, use up/down arrows in your keyboard to change the order.
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

Animated shape order is high on my request list as well. I don't know about having separate Raise Shape and Lower Shape keys though. To keep things simple I would suggest just doing it the same way animated layer order is done now.
velu

Re:

Post by velu »

Rudiger wrote:Animated shape order is high on my request list as well. I don't know about having separate Raise Shape and Lower Shape keys though. To keep things simple I would suggest just doing it the same way animated layer order is done now.
all points of the layer shapes to be controlled in time line at the same time.

I think animated shape order in single layer is most useful tool.
I love Moho