Voluntary Animator Needed.

Want to hire an Moho animator? Post your job listing here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Rhoel

Post by Rhoel »

jahnocli wrote:2) Pitch. This can take many forms, but is essentially a short presentation of your idea (for an animation, in this case).
I wrote:you want to post a production pitch book, a script or some character examples?

Pitch books are common in animation production - you have to go see a TV exec, he tells you you have 5 minutes then he has another meeting: The Pitch book contains a series/feature outline, character models sheets, one or two really good colour images from a test scene (preferable on glossy high quality paper). It should have one completed script, the best you can do. A storyboard is also a life-saver ... TV exec are basically very stupid and they like to read pictures not complex text, like script. So a well presented storyboard can seal a deal, as they get the idea very quickly.

Three word titles also do well, as do odd titles - "Two Stupid Dogs" is a great title. Other three word titles - "the Family Guy", "Reg and Stimpy", Tom and Jerry". Puns are dangerous eg: "My Little Phony" - it kills international sales and as this example, can spark legal issues..

Detailed budgets and talent sheet are useful but not essential for primary pitch meetings but you should know what the estimated per second rate will be - execs might be stupid but they know $15 a sec is better than $20.

And get used to the idea commissioning editors will reject your idea for the most stupid reasons - one bounced a cat and mouse series because she was allergic to cats.

I love pitches, can drive you mad but they are an art all by themselves. The more work you put in, the greater you chances of success.

Rhoel.
meltedtoons

Post by meltedtoons »

i'll work for free. but just note that i wont work my best. email me at meltedtoons@hotmail.com. I have anime studio 6 pro and if u have a lower version then that and u are expecting to collab well... ur out of luck.

EDIT: wow! 30 to 40 minutes! crap! and for free????? I'm out. I was expecting like a 10 minute short. and if u decide to lower the minutes. u will still have to draw the characters and write the script. All i can do for u for free is, basic lip sync, basic boning, animating