Volunteer Animators Wanted for Fan Web Series

Want to hire an Moho animator? Post your job listing here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Render

Volunteer Animators Wanted for Fan Web Series

Post by Render »

Hello,

I'm am the creator of Potterwatch Productions, a Harry Potter fan group based out of Youngstown, Ohio. For the last year or so, we have been hard at work planning a Harry Potter animated fanfiction web series, with 5-10 minute episodes, that we wish to post on YouTube and other placed on the internet.

We currently have a large number of participants involved with this project, 3 writers/editors, 15 voice actors, 2 audio editors, etc. But I am currently the only animator working on the project. So, it goes without saying that recruiting help is the only way to get this project out before the turn of the next century...

Due to strict copyright laws we are not permitted to earn revenue from our animations. Thus we are a Not-For-Profit organization. Meaning any animation assistance would be strictly voluntary. There is potential for making a profit in other ways in the distant future, so things may change. But for now, we do not have the capabilities to pay for assistance. For now, the most we can offer is experience and something nifty to put on a resume and in your portfolio =)

We would like to keep our animation style relatively the same to that which we have been working with. A small sample of my animations can be seen in this teaser trailer here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsWo3LL1w14

I'm currently working on another demo video "trailer" that will have better animation examples.

You can also check out our website (currently being redesigned): http://www.potterwatchproductions.com

If anyone is interested, feel free to contact me at: render.potterwatch@gmail.com or simply reply to this feed!
www.potterwatchproductions.com

Getting Animated about Harry Potter Fanfiction!
Acochran_89

Post by Acochran_89 »

see..this is the proper way to ask for a free animator. Granted..it will still be hard to find one probably...BUT people should learn from this post.

You have writers...actors...a solid idea...a start on the animation...even a website.

Granted it will still be hard to get someone probably..but I wish you the best of luck!

All people asking for free animators...read Renders post...and learn from it!
Instead of just saying..hey i wanna make a movie, come do it for me!

Good luck Render...I would help if i could...but I neither have the time or they style of animation. Hope to see the progress of this project in the future
Render

Post by Render »

Thanks, Acochran.

We've put allot of work into this project, i'd hate to see it go under because we don't have animators.

figured it would be a long shot, but thought id give it a try anyway!

Render

Post by Render »

Here are some Conceptual and Character Images that I have already done for the project.

Series Poster

Harry Potter

Iggy the House Elf

Fenrir Greyback

Charley Weasley (captive)

Kingsley Shacklebolt talking to Harry

Molly and Ginny Weasley

Sasquatch

Dragon
[/img]