Version 6 scripting interfaces

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Lost Marble
Site Admin

Version 6 scripting interfaces

Post by Lost Marble »

*** UPDATED ***
*** The scripting interface for version 6.1 is included below as well. ***

I said I'd post some info on scripting in version 6. And here we go...

The link below is the totally complete scripting interface. However, it's in a format similar to a C++ header file. There are no descriptions included. This is kind of meant for advanced scripting users. If you're new to scripting, it's probably best to start with the old version 5 scripting documentation.

There are three files included:

pkg_moho.lua_pkg - Start with this one. It describes the scirpting interface to Anime Studio. What functions and values are available for a layer, a bone, etc.

pkg_lm.lua_pkg - This one describes basic types used by Anime Studio. Vectors, 2D points, colors, etc.

pkg_lm_gui.lua_pkg - Contains the data structures used for building UI elements and drawing on the canvas.

Version 6.0 scripting interface:
http://my.smithmicro.com/downloads/file ... rfaces.zip

Version 6.1 scripting interface:
http://my.smithmicro.com/downloads/file ... rfaces.zip

Not: I've included the interfaces for both 6.0 and 6.1. 6.1 has a few new functions not available in 6.0. But since 6.1 is a free update with lots of bug fixes, there's really no reason to limit yourself to 6.0, so for most people I'd say go ahead and use the 6.1 interfaces unless you have some real pressing reason to stick with 6.0.
Last edited by Lost Marble on Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Genete

Post by Genete »

Hurraaahh! \o/ \o/
:)
-G
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

YEEEEEEHAAAAAAAA!!!! WooooHOOOOO!!!

I'm at the top of the roller coaster... the car is just starting down the first drop....

-vern
mkelley

Post by mkelley »

Thanks, Mike, this is great.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Damn, I may be out of the scripting loop for a while. I've got to try to figure out how this stuff is presented here to make sense of it. Have fun guys!
Genete

Post by Genete »

I've got to try to figure out how this stuff is presented here to make sense of it
synthsin75, don't be ashamed about the format. It is exactly the same as the old html documentation but without explanation of what does the fucntion do.
They have the C++ looking of the declarations of the functions and members that are available in each object. Just that they are properly written, you know now the correct order on the function call and some of the new interface.
Compare it side by side with the old html documentation and you'll be do happy. :D

This thread should grow with the clarifications of each new interface exposed to have all the info in the same place.
-G
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Oh boy... this is FUN!

At first I felt like a stranger in strange land... "Oh good grief! I'm in France and I can't speak French". Then off in the distance you see a McDonald's and everything starts to make sense.

;)

-vern
Genete

Post by Genete »

Please make this sticky.
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

Thanks for updated interface for version 6.1, Mike! With all these cool new scripting features, it's like getting a new version of Anime Studio all over again!
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

Thanks Mike! :D
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

...Yeah! Thank you very much :)

How I'd love to have some time to play with that 6.1 new possibilities! Specially that related with actions, but... well, it's always the same story about time and scripting...
Ryder

Ahhh ok... what is this exactly

Post by Ryder »

Hi all,

I have the scripting interface(s)... yay!

SO... now that I have them... what are they, exactly... how do I see them... how do I use them?

Perhaps there is a nubie scripting thread somewhere?

Thanks!
Seyrse

Post by Seyrse »

Call me a dunderhead. I have downloaded the zip files and unzipped them. I have the .lua_pkg files in a folder. I'm sure this is simple but I can't seem to figure it out. How do I open them to read them?

Thanks Steve
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

They're text files, so just open them in the text editor of your choice.
Seyrse

Post by Seyrse »

Some times the simplest of things escape us. Duh why didn't I try that?

Thanks Steve :D