VoiceStitcher: great tool for your animations.

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Genete

VoiceStitcher: great tool for your animations.

Post by Genete »

VoiceStitcher is a small but great application to be used in combination with Anime Studio or any other animation program.
It allows you create complete phrases based on prerecorded words and save them as audio files. It works great to create quick dialogs for your animation project and insert the audio file into it.

VoiceStitcher is very simple to use but very effective in the results:
1) Select one voice package. It would load all the words instances into your working panel.
2) Click on the words in the desired order and insert small silences if needed.
3) Press the Save button and you'll get the audio file for your animation.

And the most important, VoiceStitcher is free.
You can download VoiceStitcher and a voice pack demo from The VoicePlanet to play with it and learn how does it work.
Additional voice packs can be bought for a reasonable price from The VoicePlanet.

I think it worth to try.

-G
DK

Post by DK »

Hi Genete.
Thanks for the recommendation. Voicestitcher is an application I have been working on for the last few months and now is ready for release. Officially it's released tomorrow on Content Paradise but speaking with Genete and Vern we thought it would be cool to give you guys the heads up before anyone else in the world :)

I want to thank Vern for all the help, Beta testing, ideas and also Genete with the great feedback and support they have both given over the last few months. I have put a lot of time and money into this project and hope it just gets better and better. Thanks go out to Vern for his work on the website. It's worth every penny plus more.

http://www.thevoiceplanet.com

Stay tuned for tutorials on Voicestitcher!!!

Cheers
D.K
Last edited by DK on Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
human

Post by human »

DK wrote:[url]htt://www.thevoiceplanet.com[/url]
Hi David, the link above is damaged by a typo.

The site is nice, but the audio samples are difficult to find--when they need to be absolutely front and center.

In addition, once the samples are found, they need to play.

My experience was clicking on a link led to a little window that opened but didn't provide a progress bar as expected.

Once the file loaded (I guess), there was no sound and no play button.

This is not a criticism--I'm just reporting my experience in a friendly and supportive way.

I know that SOFTWARE is HARD, HARD.

Good luck with your new venture.

Don't forget about the iClone community. We have access to text-to-speech, but if your product offers something better, market to us.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Looks interesting, and speech quality seems good, but from a purely personal point of view, 70 dollars is a lot to spend on something which isn't going to be used much.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
DK

Post by DK »

Hi Jahnolci.

Unfortunately I can't make them for any less......for 70 dollars you get 300 audio samples.....thats a lot of work! I broke them down into smaller libraries so they were more affordable at $25.95 for 100 audio files.
Even then it takes almost a full day to produce one library. It's something new that offers people who don't have access to voice work a chance to put some life into their animations. Hey, I would'nt ever figured people would want OTHER peoples AS content....but they do. I imagine the voice libraries will be used just as much as any AS background or a prop purchased from CP.

At least you can use the software to do other things, like categorize your sound effect libraries and blend them together etc. Unfortunately I can't give EVERYTHING away for free ;)

P.S Thanks Human for the typo correction. You're so right. Software isn't easy :(

Cheers
D.K
toonertime

Post by toonertime »

i tried to play samples but i got
a box saying plugin not found.
i tried it in firefox and explorer.
DK

Post by DK »

Yes....so sorry...there has been ahuge response with downloads and our links are down on the website atm.

If you right click on the mp3 file and save it to your HD you will be able to hear it. Vern flat out at the moment and can't get to it for a while but in the meantime you can download everything here at CP.

http://www.contentparadise.com/productD ... cestitcher

Sorry for the problem.
We're working on it.

D.K
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Oh boy. Been away for ages.

Congratulations on the new product dude! ;)

When DK showed me his idea for voicestitcher I thought it would cool as heck! Whenever I load the thing up I just sit there and create all these voice dialog combos. It's addictive! Like a game.

I did suggest that he create a complete voice pak library for the free demo so people can see how cool it is. I think he agrees with me on this. You really need to have a lot more items to get the full impact of how cool this is.

During the last week when he was frantically trying to get all of the voice packs complete (it's a TON OF FREAKING WORK) I told him I would do the web site. I am better at it than he is anyway ;). I only had to do one "all nighter" to get it done. ;)

He paid me a FORTUNE! At least... that's what I told him to say. ;)

-------------

sorry to be away so long. New web hosting/design business started with a partner. Loads of work coming in. I will try to get back on here more very soon.

-vern
Acochran_89

Post by Acochran_89 »

Wow guys, this looks like an awesome program! I'll definitely check it out.

And Vern;
It's good to hear from you again! Good luck with your business
Imago

Post by Imago »

But... There are only four type of voices?
The wizard, the being, the tough guy and the droid?
Sorry for my bad english... Q_Q
DK

Post by DK »

More voice packs to come....also we've reduced the price of the packs .....this is a new area for us so we need all the feedback we can get and time to get more packs done.

Many thanks
D.K
Imago

Post by Imago »

Uhm...
So I suggest to make voices for more languages...
I tried the program, it's great, I can't wait for new voices! :D

P.S.
Vern, it's good to see you again! :wink:
Sorry for my bad english... Q_Q
JCook

Post by JCook »

I agree, this software is pretty cool, and potentially very useful. Is there a way to create your own voice packs, using your own (or someone else's) voice and words/sounds. I can see this being used with sound effects also. And, is there a help file or manual available? I'm using it on a Mac, if that's relevant.

Jack
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

Demo works fine on my windows xp. Very unique and cool application.

I noticed that you can indeed add your own wav files to the list. Was this your intention? Seems to me that people are going to record their own "word tokens" rather than buy a voice pack. On the other hand, the voice pack sounds very professional, so there's your value added.

I assume female voices are in the works?

You're a software developer too? I'm impressed. :shock:
DK

Post by DK »

Hi.
There is a small help file in the app/ top/right hand cornner.
Yes you can record/make your own voice files but it is quite hard to create them so they work together when they are stitched.

The intention was to make the app free so people can use it as a tool and also hopefully buy the voicepacks. As you can see I have built in a "Live" section that connects to the internet and downloads the latest pack info and news. We have a Voicestitcher Pro version in the works which will have many new features, ie, ability to load multiple voice packs, speed/pitch control and more. I do have a sound effects pack that I created for one of the first versions but decided to leave that for a later release but I can see this being a GREAT browser tool for your personal sound files.

Cheers
D.K