...Split Curve as a Button! :D (A Little One...)

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Rai López

...Split Curve as a Button! :D (A Little One...)

Post by Rai López »

Yeah, very simple but always wanted, for me at least...

You know, the same thing that "Split Curve" menu script does, but more quick and handy. I was already tired to go into the menus each time I wanted to split something, which is a very common task, I think...

Very humble! And probably you still had one... But since I liked it :), here you have it just in case:

Greetings,
Ramón López.

PS: Don't forget to add it as a button! Pasting the following line...

Code: Select all

button	rl_split_curves		...
...wherever you want into the "_tool_list.txt" file.
Last edited by Rai López on Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Genete

Post by Genete »

Nice Icon! thanks!
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Thanks, Ramón, it's pretty useful and fast. I had the normal split curve as a button, but it's when you haven't that menu appearing over and over.
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

You are welcome! Really the icon is a little mod too of the original "Add Point" tool, but well... it liked to me too :)

BTW! I have made some "little" (all here is very little :roll:) changes to make it more wise (I think) and make it disabled when unnecessary, as well as I have limited the number of segments you can split at a time to avoid to have more points than corn grains in all the kingdom! After a few button clicks, you know...

Nothing grave! Because it didn't cause any problem to me before this changes, but it seems now more "integrated" and you are free to install the new version if you want...

...BYE,
Ramón López.
arfa

excellent

Post by arfa »

Hey Ramón - that is so cool. You are too modest.

I have had it installed for a bit now and find that I am using a lot. Especially when translating/modelling and I want an extra point. Being able to skip the 'add point' tool is great. Just click your little button and..... there it is - an extra point. No tool change required.

thanks a lot
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Well thank you! And yeah, I think I am a little :oops:, but it's only I'd want to be able of create more "complex" stuff and it seems like if I had to be content with this ones, although... fortunately sometimes simple things can be welcomed too! And I like to see how others find it useful :)
rogermate

Re: ...Split Curve as a Button! :D (A Little One...)

Post by rogermate »

Hey Ramón,
Since I've finally got over my fear of installing scripts, I've put yours on. I'm surprised how many times it's used. Want more than 1 split, just keep clicking. Excellent example of a little thing that saves time and keeps the creative flow from getting bogged down in menu surfing.

Thanks a lot!
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

You're welcome! Now, even at the risk of you think it's going to my head, I think I'm still starting to feel that I have reached the perfection with this script :)

Jeje... I mean! Any other thing that I have tried to do have had no end, there is always something that can be improved, added, or even substract... but after this time, with this "little" one, I think I've not been able to think in any improvement or added to make it better and... how I'd love that all the other things I've been immersed had been the same!

So, now I'd only ask that if someone have the crazy idea of make a suggestion or "feature request" about it, I think I'd prefer not to know it :roll:
Oddity

Post by Oddity »

I just install it.
to many journeys between my character and the menu.

really useful.
Thanks !
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. "
mionorz

Post by mionorz »

Hello, I love this script. :D
I install it every time, even if the version changes.

But I have one request for this wonderful script.
That is if a new point is created between already moving points
The keyframes are not complemented and the shape of the shape on the timeline is corrupted.

In the standard Add Point tool, this problem has been fixed in the newer versions, but even in the official menu scripts, the problem is still there.
The problem also occurs in the official menu scripts. I have just submitted a request to support regarding this issue.

Please improve the script of this tool that we love to use if possible.
Thanks for listening.
lucasfranca

Post by lucasfranca »

Following the matter.
An old guy [since 1983] who was raised in front of the TV.
Passionate about animation, after getting old, he decides to make it his hobby.

I share tutorials, reviews, tips and tricks from this vast world of animation on my channel.

https://youtube.com/animai2D
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

I didn't thought this was still used after the Select Points's "Split" button (which doesn't preserve neighbor animation either, BTW) was introduced, but there it goes a new version able to take into account neighbor points already animated. I've done a lot of (kind of improvised) changes since I was at it... One of them is it takes into account now Transform Points's "Fixed Bezier Handles" setting for preserving curvature, although only when the button is used in other frame than zero, this is because this way you have the chance at least of avoiding the creation of extra curvature keyframes when used during animation. Please, let me know if any of this changes could be an issue.

The link for the new version (2.0.0) has been added to the first post.

Well, greetings and thanks for letting me know it is still relevant!

EDIT: Reuploaded, just because I forgot to update the icon accordingly to current Moho UI stylishness...