Manga Cartoon Contest

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

DK

Manga Cartoon Contest

Post by DK »

Hi All.

Here's an opportunity to win some cash for your artwork guys and girls!!!

THIS IS A STILL IMAGE COMPETITION!!!! NOT ANIMATION!!!

The design can be anything......from an action shot to a busty Anime girl. Anything as long as it is Anime.

The Coffs Harbour Bunker gallery has opened a brand new section in their annual cartoon awards for Manga. Right now they are crying out for international Manga entries.
The competition closing date has been extended to 2nd august!!!!

AU$750.00 First prize: Best cartoon - MANGA

AU$250.00 Second Prize Best cartoon Merit- MANGA

Entry form available here:
http://www.polliefillers.com.au/Mangaco ... m_2010.pdf

Or from the cartoon gallery website:
http://www.coffsharbour.nsw.gov.au/www/ ... awards.asp

Digital art and entry forms can be emailed directly to the gallery via the address below:

bunkergallery@bigpond.com

(Please note: Emailed entries will be printed for display on A4 standard paper.)

We need your entries!!! Hurry!!! Closes 2nd august!!!!

Good luck!
D.K
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

Is this is a newly added category? On the entry form there isn't a manga category in the international category, just single international category. Does entry have to follow the theme of Social Networking?

Any preference for single panel or multipanel?

This looks pretty exciting, thanks for the heads up.

PS. Interesting history behind this gallery!
DK

Post by DK »

Hi neeters_guy.

Yes this is a newly created category and it is for international. Thge theme is completely open to your imagination. If you want to put in more than one entry please feel free. All I can add is that there are only a few entries in at the moment so anyone with talent will stand a good chance of taking home some cash. This gallery is located near my hometown and I am currently helping them put together an animation festival as well.

Cheers
D.K
2ner

Post by 2ner »

Are you sure about your info DK?

They seem to have 6 national categories (including manga) and just one international category, which is social networking.

I'd be interested in trying some of those other categories, but I'm Canadian.

I also don't see any info on their site for digital submissions. The rules say to put name etc on back in pencil.

And what about rule 2 - "No captions are permitted in this section?" Last years winner has a caption.

Are there any format requirements for digital submissions?
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

2ner wrote:Are you sure about your info DK?
They have 6 national categories (including manga) and just one international category, which is social networking.
I'd be interested in trying some of those other categories, but I'm Canadian.
If I'm reading this correctly, manga was added to the international categories, which has no theme requirement, whereas the Social Networking theme applies to the national categories.
I also don't see any info on their site for digital submissions. The rules say to put name etc on back in pencil.
DK says you can email it with entry form. (Pdf appears to be broken for the moment.)
And what about rule 2 - "No captions are permitted in this section?" Last years winner has a caption.
Last year's winner is from the national category, in which captions (ie., word balloons) are permitted.
Are there any format requirements for digital submissions?
It doesn't say, but I think jpeg is standard. The main thing is to make sure the resolution is high enough for print (at the same time not create a huge file for email).

According to Australian time, only 22 hours left until the deadline (I'm in California)! Yikes!
2ner

Post by 2ner »

Is it only the manga one that's been extended to Aug. 2?
DK

Post by DK »

Hi 2ner.

Neeters is spot on! Thanks for that.

Manga is a new international category and is the one that has been extended to Aug 2. jpeg attatchments are fine.

The Gallery Manager specifically asked me to post a note here on the forum about the new Manga category because there was a huge lack of submissions and they needed more entries. Although you are free to enter the other international category it is the Manga one they asked me to post the info on.

This email address will get your entry directly to the Gallery Management.
bunkergallery@bigpond.com

Good luck and I will post the results here soon as it's judged.

Cheers
D.K
2ner

Post by 2ner »

Please excuse me for being dense, but does it end at the beginning of Aug. 2 or the end of Aug. 2?
DK

Post by DK »

Hi 2ner.

7:30 am here and I just woke up. I'm sure if you got your entry in sometime in the next 6 hours it will make it.

Cheers
D.K
DK

Post by DK »

All entries have been recieved thanks to everyone. The competition will be judged tomorrow at 3pm Australian time.

Will post the winner then!

Cheers
D.K
DK

Post by DK »

Bear with me.....I can't officially post a picture of the winner til 28th October.

D.K
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

The website doesn't appear to be updated, except for the grand winner. I would be curious to see the other winners. :(
DK

Post by DK »

Hi neeters.
It was very dissapointing. There was only two entries in the category. I wish a few of the the forum members had actually entered, they could have picked up some quick cash for sure. The two entries were from the same guy and they were pretty ordinary :(

It'll be on again next year though.

Cheers
D.K
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

It looks like my entry might've gotten crossed up when I sent it in. Anyway, I got permission to post my entry so here it is. Although it wasn't required, I tried to mix in the theme of "Networking" as well as anime and Australia. Let me know what you all think.

patricia3d

Post by patricia3d »

What a great Image neeters_guy
Nice expression and nice dress.