New Camera Tool: Lock Camera [*new version*]

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Peteroid

New Camera Tool: Lock Camera [*new version*]

Post by Peteroid »

Lock Camera

What It Does: For the selected Frame Range, have the Camera match the location motion of the selected Layer. That is, the selected Layer will not move visually on the screen since it will remain in the same relative position to the Layer.

Roughly, this tool causes the Camera to follows the Layer.

What this Effects: camera position only
What it does NOT effect: camera roll, tilt, or pan... layer position

Installation: http://www.peteroid.com/share/pao_lock_camera.zip

UPDATE:

Added: 'Preserve Camera Path' - if unchecked then layer remains locked in position on screen visually. If checked, the visual path of the camera is preserved, but the entire path is moved with the layer.

For example, say you have some frames where the camera is circling the layer.

If you apply Lock Camera with 'preserve' off, then for the frame range the camera will move precisely as the layer and therefore will stop circling the layer and just fixate on layer from first location.

If 'preserve' is checked, the camera will still move with Layer, but will continue to circle the Layer!

Note this can be used to move entire camera paths. Create a layer. Apply Lock Camera to it with Preserve on for desired frame range. Then move Layer during frame range, and once again apply Lock Camera with Preserve still on. Then destroy layer (optional). This will move the camera path in tact along the path the Layer took during the frame range, while the camera continue to move on its own path (relatively speaking)!
Last edited by Peteroid on Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:49 pm, edited 6 times in total.
[==Peter==]
patricia3d

Post by patricia3d »

Great Developments. You are Master in creating Cameras.
Hope Smith Micro will send you a Download Link of ASP 6.2.
Peteroid

Post by Peteroid »

kkrawal wrote:Great Developments. You are Master in creating Cameras.
Hope Smith Micro will send you a Download Link of ASP 6.2.
Thanks!

I was hoping the same thing. I can't afford to buy AS5 and AS6 (I'm unemployed)... but if Smith Micro gave me copies (which isn't unreasonable since I bought ASP7) I could make sure my tools worked on all THEIR products... :)
[==Peter==]