why moho hasn't a text tool?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

why moho hasn't a text tool?

Post by Víctor Paredes »

i don't now if the answer was writted well. but... just this.
myles

Post by myles »

Hello Selgin,

Check out under the Draw menu - Insert Text.

It's an animator's text entry rather than an illustrator's.
Your letters become standard vector shapes so you can animate them like any other vector shape (for example, have the letter "A" walk into place, or make a few words move like a caterpillar).

Regards, Myles.
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted."
-- Groucho Marx
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

text tool

Post by Víctor Paredes »

i now there is a "insert text" buttom, but when you insert a text, this is become to vector and is impossible to edit it.
and, i'm chilean and in chile (because we use the spanish) we use the "tilde" wich is this symbol on some letters. (my name, for expample, is víctor)

the moho tool has not tildes, and is slow to work with bigger texts.

my question is why there is not a tool exclusive to text, with wich you can edit and transform and erase and put tildes, etc.

sorry, i'm not good in this thing called english.
nobudget

Post by nobudget »

The best solution at the moment would be designing your text in another program and importing to Moho. You can't change the text in Moho but at least you can use special characters. I'd probably take a Photoshop type of program and create .png text. If I decide to change the text I'd create a new .png using the same dimensions (720X576 for example) and change the file in the layer options in Moho. This way all the layer changes in Moho will be intact and I can still change the text later on.

And one more thing, I don't think the text tool in Moho is that great. The vectors tend to be less than accurate and the text doesn't look as tight as you'd expect. There's room for improvement but I can imagine it isn't a high priority issue regarding the nature of the program.

Reindert.
www.nobudgetvideo.com
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Moho doesn't let you enter characters like í ñ ó á, etc., but you can copy and paste these characters from another text editor and they will work with the text function in Moho.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

gracias.