why try simple stuff when you can work for days on seconds

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

thies

honey, I shrunk the movie

Post by thies »

the movie is just over 2 minutes long, and I'm still trying to make it smaller but I don't like what i get....
I made it 256x144 pixels with a MPEG4 compressor. (the original is 1024x576). and it's still 30 MB.
It's easy to make it smaller and compress it more but it's rather dark and that seems to be hard to compress. the colours get ugly especially when its dark.
I hope somebody knows a site (like Zippyvideos) where it's possible to upload my 30 MB for free....
cutting it in pieces is also an option I am honoured if you would go to the trouble of glueing it back together... I dont know winrar but i have premiére so that won't be a problem. where should i send it?

anyway; just one shot then; this took me a lot off time too, I know the men got a little bit of funny walk but it had to be finnished so....

http://www.zippyvideos.com/150402806421475.html
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Don't use Premiere to split it - that would involve cutting apart a video file, re-splicing it, and possibly re-compressing the video. WinRAR is a general-purpose compression program. It can split up any kind of file into multiple parts that can later be re-assembled. This method doesn't require editing the video back together, with the associated risk of messing it up.

WinZip can do this too - just put the movie in a .zip file, and then use WinZip's Split command to chop it up into several smaller pieces and email them to webmaster@lostmarble.com. You can download WinZip for here:

http://www.winzip.com/
thies

this weekend....

Post by thies »

i'll try to send you the movie this weekend,
i still have a lot learning to do (2 exams left...)
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Don't forget - it looks really interesting. Good luck with the exams!
Regul8R

Post by Regul8R »

Lost Marble wrote:Don't forget - it looks really interesting. Good luck with the exams!
agreed. it looks great, love the gritty, industrial look. look forward to see more.

jay b
Blessings for you, but none for me....
00moa00

Post by 00moa00 »

I really want to see it too !
cribble

Post by cribble »

How long now? i really want to see this, it looks real good.
--Scott
cribble.net
thies

Post by thies »

sorry it takes so long, there is a minor problem with the copyright for the music....
soon it will be shown, if everything works out... thank you all for your interest
thies
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

It took a while to get the file transferred and sound removed, but Thies's movie is now available in our online gallery. It's called "Underground" and is the first movie on the following page:

http://www.lostmarble.com/moho/gallery/ ... deos.shtml
jorgy

Post by jorgy »

Wow.

Wow.

Wow.

I'll have to dig up the music tonight at home, and maybe I can comment further then. :-)
Toontoonz

Post by Toontoonz »

Nice style. Lots of work to put that together.

Could you give us some more information about the making of your animation?

How did you draw the art? Moho? Hand? Or?
Did you use any other programs in addition to Moho?
thies

thanks

Post by thies »

i'm glad you like it, it was a lot of work...
it's a pity you can not see it with the music because it was made entirely based upon the rythm and sound. and without it is a bit dull...
after i heard the music i started scetching after some beautiful photoalbums from industrial mining sites.( made around the 1950's in belgium, holland and germany)
(a random example; http://www.ta.tudelft.nl/coalpage/main_pagenl.htm)
and i wanted to make a film witch kept the rough, dirty look of my scetches witch suited the industrial feeling i wanted.
the way you can put bones in images in moho is realy great for that, allthough i hope it will be develloped some more because this style still has a lot of (minor) bugs when you take this feature this far.
the images i used are pencil coloured and modified with a wacom tablet in photoshop.
all the special effects are done in moho except for the light from the ovens, witch is done by toon roebben (thanks again) , in shake.
i am proud of the smoke and lighter effects when he lights his sigarette, the light effects from the train could have been better(and probably a lot easyer with another program like after effects or shake for example.)
well, i dont no what to say else,i hope this answers your questions.

ciao,
thies
ming_goku

Congratulations

Post by ming_goku »

Congratulations, the short is awesome. The music of the soundtrack it´s Tom Wait's theme, underground?
2ner

Post by 2ner »

Excellent little film. Great production values. Maybe Tom Wait would be glad to let you use his song if he saw it. I know I would if I were him. I don't know how those things work though, with record companies and all.
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

2ner wrote:I don't know how those things work though, with record companies and all.
I'm no expert either, but IIRC you'd have to pay royalties in these situations. Copyright organizations have guidelines for that, claim the royalties after you've asked for permission to use a song in your artwork, and pass that on the rightful owner of the song (which might be the record company). If you're not prepared to pay royalties, you could be sued for software piracy (music is software in legal terms, it seems).