Choosing Orbit Camera Axis

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Rai López

Choosing Orbit Camera Axis

Post by Rai López »

Could somebody improve Orvit Camera script for we can choose the axis (X,Y,) of rotation? I have made two scripts (one for each axis) cause I don't know how add this checkbox option in the pop up window :-( ...It seem easy (but not for me, claro...) and only one script always it'd be more practice than two I think... as well as I could see the changes and LEARN how to do for the next time that I need to do it in other scripts... BYE&THANKS!

PD1: It'd be nice too can choose the angle of camera inclination in grades, but this seems less easy yet... Well, THANKS!!

PD2: Ah! Another script relationated with camera could be one that moves/rotates camera in consonance with sound, I think that it could be usefull for explosions, crashes, earthquakes, tidal waves :cry: and other dissasters... all in perfect synchronization with the sound, BYE2!
7feet

Post by 7feet »

The orbit camera tool directly calls a C++ function in the core of Moho, so I don't see any way to do it. I've wanted to do some things with the orbit camera tool, but it all seems to be hard-coded. Ah, well.

--Brian
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

I think Ramón is talking about the menu script Scripts->Camera->Orbit Camera.

Brian is talking about the Orbit Workspace tool button. Different things.
7feet

Post by 7feet »

Oops. Sorry, I think I am happily at the end of a 10-11 week "sorry, your not allowed to sleep" kinda run. Fishing through the forum in anticipation.

I hadn't really thought about, or much looked at that script. Now that you mention it, perhaps something can be done. I'd mostly thought of it as a novelty, and I suspect I was wrong. Thanks for pointing that out. Maybe I can bend my head around that, even if the 3D math still makes my brain hurt.

And then, would it be possible to get a little more access to the orbit workspace tool? Barry Baker had mentioned a while ago that it would be great if you could set it up so it would remember the last position it was in, and I heartily agreed. But that's up to you. Being able to pass a rotation to the function would be really handy, I think. Either from input boxes or saved values. I've spent a fair amount of time trying to ensure that 3D constructions wouldn't blow up from the angle I wanted to see them. Also, it would let me make tool buttons for the different views, which I don't think I can do now. Any possibility? Ability to make keyboard shortcuts for the different views would be a beautiful thing.

--Brian