Lua Console Error using Actions

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

donnie

Lua Console Error using Actions

Post by donnie »

Hi there.

I have created some Actions in Anime Studio but when I go into them to try and adjust anything I get this message:

Stop all Actions and restart the script.
Error: Creating new objects in the middle of an action can lead to unexpected results.

Now, I'm not creating any new objects in the middle of the action and as far as I know I don't have any funky scripts installed (Just a couple of custom tools from the forum).

Does anyone have any idea why it should be doing this?
I just want to move some keyframes around within the action but this should'nt be a problem?

As far as I can see there havn't been any 'unexpected results' but I don't want to run into any at some point in the future because of this.

Thanks for any help, would really appreciate it.

D.
chrochro

Re: Lua Console Error using Actions

Post by chrochro »

Hi dears
I have a problem when creating an action.
I uninstalled the moho and installed it again to fix this problem but it yet remaining.
I create a new prgect, a vector, 2 bones and bind points to bones but when I select a bone and create a action, this message was apear in consol:
"Error: Creating new objects in the middle of an action can lead to unexpected results.
Stop all Actions and restart the script."
I have doing this before and it was worked well but it shows this error message within this 2 days.
Please help me :(
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Which version of Moho are you guys using?

If you're using Moho 13, I suggest contacting Lost Marble and requesting a Moho 12.5 license (if you don't already have one.) I haven't seen those errors but I had seen other Action- and script-related errors with Moho 13. After I switched back to Moho 12.5, it's been fine.

I would hold off on using Moho 13 until the next release comes out. ATM, the next one is expected to be 13.5.

For now, Moho 12.5 is recognized as the most stable release.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

donnie wrote: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:51 am
Now, I'm not creating any new objects in the middle of the action and as far as I know I don't have any funky scripts installed (Just a couple of custom tools from the forum).
what are those "custom tools from the forum"???

High probability that it's one of those that are causing the error message even though you're not actually using that script... (tools run in background to do such things as having their icon visible or greyed out or ...)

(some of the older scripts are notorious for generating this sort of message)
chrochro

Post by chrochro »

Greenlaw wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:56 pm Which version of Moho are you guys using?

If you're using Moho 13, I suggest contacting Lost Marble and requesting a Moho 12.5 license (if you don't already have one.) I haven't seen those errors but I had seen other Action- and script-related errors with Moho 13. After I switched back to Moho 12.5, it's been fine.

I would hold off on using Moho 13 until the next release comes out. ATM, the next one is expected to be 13.5.

For now, Moho 12.5 is recognized as the most stable release.
I am using version 12.5. I have been using the same version for a long time and it has not had any problems so far, but this problem started 3 days ago and even after complete removal and reinstalling the software, it did not work. Whatever I do in the action section, this error message appears several times. It really bothered me. If anyone knows the solution, please guide me. :cry:
Thanks
chrochro

Post by chrochro »

hayasidist wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:05 pm
donnie wrote: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:51 am
what are those "custom tools from the forum"???

High probability that it's one of those that are causing the error message even though you're not actually using that script... (tools run in background to do such things as having their icon visible or greyed out or ...)

(some of the older scripts are notorious for generating this sort of message)
Thank you very much for your guidance.
My problem was solved. Two of the scripts I installed caused the problem, and removing them solved the problem.
Thank you again
:P
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

chrochro wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:34 am <snip>
My problem was solved. Two of the scripts I installed caused the problem, and removing them solved the problem.
No problem. glad it's sorted.

if you need the functionality of the scripts just let me know which ones (link to where you got them from) or upload them - it's (usually!!) a very easy fix to kill that message permanently.