heyvern's copy/flip bones script problem

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

basshole

Post by basshole »

Sorry, I meant the switch layers with bones in 'em when I said "sublayers".
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Hmm....

That's a problem. You have to copy and flip the points then the switch layers would be identical on both sides.

You would have to duplicate the switch layers and have a different set of bones on each side.

I wouldn't do it that way. You should pick "one thing" to have in a ONE switch layer, like one hand, with left and right hands.

-vern
basshole

Post by basshole »

I think we've lost each other. I'm not sure what you mean.

the hands are a switch layer, bound to the arm bone. That switch layer has bone "sets" for two different hands, one that's supposed to be with the palm toward the camera, the other with the back of the hand toward the camera. There are two vector layers, one controlled by each "set" of bones.

With the legs, the lower legs are in a switch layer, bound to the thigh. There are two sets of bones, one for a leg which is a normal extended leg, the other is a for a leg drawn in perspective so that he appears to be kneeling. There are two leg vector layers, one controlled by each of these sets of bones.

There's also another set of bones for the arm, but these are in the main skeleton, parented to the upper torso. This is for the arm to appear thrust out toward the camera. The hand bound to this arm bone is also a switch layer.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Okay... now YOU'VE lost ME! :)

Without seeing the file I can't help explain or figure out how to copy/flip bones for that kind of complicated rig.

All I can say is this... the script I created works. I use it all the time but It works only by flipping/copying bones in a mirror image from one side of a base bone to the other. That is all it does. It copies and flips a mirror set of bones from one side to the other. It doesn't copy and flip anything else but bones.

Beyond that it is up to you to experiment with it. If you want to send me the file PM me and I will send you an email address.

-vern