Manga Studio vs Anime Studio? Are they the same? For Comics?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Will_3

Manga Studio vs Anime Studio? Are they the same? For Comics?

Post by Will_3 »

Been awhile since I used Moho/Anime Studio.

Now I see Manga Studio.

Is Manga Studio another version of Anime Studio?

I've use Anime Studio for cartoons/movies.

Now I have a comic book project... Will Anime Studio work for that or should I get Manga Studio or what?

Thanks for any help.

PS - Is there an Animme Studio Forum on the SmithMicro site? I missed it if there was.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

No Manga Studio is completely unrelated to Anime Studio. AS is for animation and MS is for comicbook work. I have no idea if MS is any good or not.

As far as AS goes, this is the forum you want. :wink:
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Anime Studio was once called "Moho". It was bought by the company that distributed Manga Studio. They changed the name of Moho to Anime Studio, I supoose to capitalize on some kind of family of products.

Manga Studio is for print or still work. Comic books. It can't be used for animation.

Anime Studio is for creating animation. It does not have any of the same tools or processes as Manga Studio. Neither program can "cross over" so to speak. They aren't related. Their file formats are not interchangeable. At most you could use Manga Studio to create images that could be imported to Anime Studio. Beyond that there isn't much else they share in common.

-vern
chucky

Post by chucky »

Manga studio's strengths are in things like dot screens pattern screens , configurable radiating lines, speech bubbles and the like.
I gave the demo a go once and thought it would be quite useful if I ever wanted to do still images that need a lot of those.
Black and white printing and all that.
Just try the demo.