A noob needs help copying ALL frame data to another frame

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Holymonkey

A noob needs help copying ALL frame data to another frame

Post by Holymonkey »

Hi,

I'm a noob who will likely be using Anime studio 5 to create cut-out style animations (similar to odinsphere for the ps2)

I've figured out the basics of importing images, assigning bones, and getting things to move or rotate as needed. I can create keyframes as needed.

My problem is that I sometimes need to copy ALL the data from one key frame to the next for ALL bones and layers (and there are many)

I've NOT yet found a way to do this without selecting each darned bone or layer and selecting and copying all of the frame data (one at a time).

Please tell me there's a simple menu selection or keypress that can do this? (i'm working on a PC)

thanks,
chucky

Post by chucky »

If you have all your bones on the same bone layer for a character, then that is basic stuff.
There are 2 rows of keyframes fo your animation, the top row is all keyframes and the bottom red row is the selected item's keyframes.
So select the top dark row and you are done.
You can also drag your marque over all keyframes of the entire document, wherever your timeline is when you paste is where they all get pasted to.
Make sure you use the copy past function only from the timeline itself.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Animation>Copy Current Frame...

Select the whole document and the frame you want to copy to.

:wink:
Holymonkey

Post by Holymonkey »

Thanks gentlemen (pardon the sexist assumption)

Animation>Copy Current Frame was exactly what i needed HOWEVER, is there just as simple a way to totally remove a key frame (across all bones and layers)?

thanks again
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

That could be done with scripting, but no one's done it yet that I know of.
Holymonkey

Post by Holymonkey »

WOW. no-one else wants an easy way to do this? I'd have thought easily copying/ pasting, and moving (re-aranging in time) frames would have been a high priority for lots of people... :(

Dont get me wrong, still a great program... just a little surprised. I must have an abnormal workflow...
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

It's only the deleting keyframes across layers that can't currently be done. The few scripters we have are eyeballs deep in other scripting projects most of the time, and well until MC adds better scripting access or puts this in the next version, everyone's kind of at our mercy.

Muahaha :twisted: