Can't delete points in AS 6 Pro.

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Dodgy

Can't delete points in AS 6 Pro.

Post by Dodgy »

This seems an odd omission, so there must be something I'm not doing right, but I can't hit Del to have selected points deleted. Very odd. Anyone else have this problem? I can do it in AS5, but then I use Fazek's tools in that so I thought perhaps Del hasn't been written into ASP6's tools....
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

When switching from a bone layer to one of its vector layers, it doesn't automatically select the point tool. If the point tool is selected, I have no trouble. 5.6 always selected the point tool when switching to any vector layer. I'm not sure I understand that change either.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

When switching from a bone layer to one of its vector layers, it doesn't automatically select the point tool. If the point tool is selected, I have no trouble. 5.6 always selected the point tool when switching to any vector layer. I'm not sure I understand that change either.

I'm sure Vern can explain it all.
Genete

Post by Genete »

So what's the tool that is automatically selected now in version 6.0 when you select a Vector layer?
Dodgy

Post by Dodgy »

That's the odd thing, This was just working in one layer. But it got to a point where I couldn't actually draw anything either. All the drawing tools became greyed out and I couldn't get them to become active again.
Genete

Post by Genete »

All the drawing tools became greyed out and I couldn't get them to become active again.
Interesting... Can you trigger the problem with a step by step recipe?.
For the moment I cannot reproduce the problem because linux build is not ready yet.
-G
mkelley

Post by mkelley »

The default of AS 6 is to not allow edits on any frame other than 0.

You need to change this (in Preferences). This, again, is something IMHO that should have defaulted to the old behavior and allowed folks to change from THAT.
Dodgy

Post by Dodgy »

Doh, that could be it! I didn't notice if I was on a non-zero frame, but that's probably the problem.
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

mkelley wrote:This, again, is something IMHO that should have defaulted to the old behavior and allowed folks to change from THAT.
Maybe we should have added some kind of "compatibility mode" for existing users. But this is one of the things that we've observed new users (and even a lot of existing users) having trouble with. They'll work on a little bit of animation and then want to draw a new object. They won't think to rewind to frame 0, and so the new object will be invisible up until the frame they drew it at.

It's one of those things that works differently in version 6, but was intended to reduce user error.