Voluntary Animator Needed.

Want to hire an Moho animator? Post your job listing here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

MrTech

Voluntary Animator Needed.

Post by MrTech »

Hi I am creating a animated movie and I really need a 2d animator to help make it come true, I've already got voice actors, script writer and a musician who are all voluntary.

Once the animation is made then we can try and get some cash for it, but until then I'm afraid it will have to be voluntary it is a simple movie, with simple dilbert/family guy graphics and would go for 20 - 45 minute max.

Please email me if you are interested or want additional information

Kind Regards
Robert Thurman
robertthurman@aapt.net.au
madrobot

Post by madrobot »

Dude!
I can deliver, on time and on budget,
20-45 mins quality dilbert/family guy style animation
(with good lip sync!)

And it's your lucky day - I can bring it on home for
about $80 - $180k Australian*!!!
That, my friend, is a freaking bargain.

Start slapping your collaborators on the back,
because you guys are now HOME AND HOSED! Yay!

I look forward to your email, where you cartwheel into my
life, jubilant and excited about us working together!

*The only down side to this post is that the Aussie dollar is currently
reasonably strong. Sorry man.
MrTech

Oh Dear

Post by MrTech »

Did you say $80 - 180 thousand,
I can deliver any more than $200 dollars for flash type animation, until I get funded, and theres a chance that might not happen.
Acochran_89

Post by Acochran_89 »

I believe that is what is called..sarcasm...

lol as I said when you first posted this request...good luck :wink:
Rhoel

Post by Rhoel »

You want to post a production pitch book, a script or some character examples? without it, no-one is going to get excited about this.

Rhoel
da2tha3

Post by da2tha3 »

Seriously, it's annoying that people think animators will work for free all the time. "Voluntary work, voluntary work". Animators beware, even with limited experience under your belt, the industry's still a bitch to get in to. Don't constantly demean yourselves with crappy wages just because you see it as a "way in", it doesn't work that way. Work on your technique, practise animating, and only do these sorts of projects if you SERIOUSLY are lacking in ideas and have lots of free time.

Mate, animation takes a long time to complete, to expect anyone to seriously create something 20-45 minutes long, for FREE, you're clearly underestimating the medium. It's not that easy.
MrTech

Post by MrTech »

da2tha3 wrote: Mate, animation takes a long time to complete, to expect anyone to seriously create something 20-45 minutes long, for FREE, you're clearly underestimating the medium. It's not that easy.
Well your right the animation industry is hard to get into,
Your clearly underestimating my project, it is a easy project and I have done animation work before so I know all about it thank you very much.

First of all I am dividing the project up into 2-5 minute scenes which will be re-using the same characters that will be vectorised soon by a very good worker and team mate, he has said he will do all the animation work, but I am trying to make it easier on him by having other animators help out, my skills as a animator are quite rusty as I have not done it in a while.

Second of all everyone who helps in the project will get a interview and credits in the episode, and a chance to get paid if I get this thing funded.

Third of all if you can't say anything nice, Mate don't say anything.
Acochran_89

Post by Acochran_89 »

well...if you can't come up with a good pitch to get people to work on your project, then don't bother asking.

You're not going to find ANYONE on here with that attitude...IMHO
MrTech

I apoligise

Post by MrTech »

Dear da2tha3 you had a valid point and I apoligise If I sounded mean,
You have a right to say anything you like , it was wrong of me to tell you off,
and to the latter poster, whos name I just forgot(I'm sorry), I do not know what a pitch is, except in baseball terms lol but I would be happy to post one when I find out what it is.

Again I am sorry for my bad attitude, this is a learning point for me,
I don't appreciate getting called Mate as I think it reflects that badly I take it as a bad remark that is why I cracked up which I had no right too.

Sorry,

:cry:
MrTech

Basic Pitch

Post by MrTech »

The Idea of the story is based on a man called rob who is trying to live out a normal sane life only he has some absurd housemates, the episode is a pilot it is just about a ordinary day but with some wierd characters, below

List of Characters In "Robs Life"

Rob: The Main Character,A middle aged man. He is just trying to live a normal life but is constantly plagued with problems ussually caused by his house mates.

Asherly Ambers: Robs Personal Accountant, She has a small crush on rob but is deeply bothered by his personal attachment to his house mates, who's intelligence. she does not understand.

Robs House Mates:
Ducky: A extremelly intelligent Duck from Ireland. He just popped up at robs door one day heeding a advertisment in a local newspaper for a romantic partner, Ducky instead turned up holding a book titled "Friends make better mates"

Mr Ted: A Alien from the future in the form of a teddy bear, the last remaining figment of humanity sent back to the 21 century to warn manking of its impending doom, Unfortunatelly he forgets.

Siegfried: A goldfish who used to accompany a British major in the amazon jungle. He found his way to a petshop though when his master accidently dropped him into a waterfall while battling to paddle to land, Siegfried then was chased by anacondas, pirannas then sharks and barracudas and finally other goldfish(who disagreed with his upright attitude) until a scuba diver picked him up and put him in rob's local towns petstore.

Fern: A Biological Experiment created by Rob as a companion until he got a pet, even after getting a pet goldfish and a duck though, Rob never has grown bored of his beloved plant who by the way did I mention talks?.

Other Characters:

Mr Max Whiskers: The Head of Area 51 and a high ranking member of a secret society called the order Determined to protect the world from Political Disorder.

Zorg: A Clever alien who hooks into the NASA satelite to find out information on planet earth.

Hugo: Zorgs Half-Brother but twice as smart, he is leader of the peace party opposed against Zorgs personal Army of Drones.

Project 31: A Robot sent to spy on rob and his household.

ANy Additional Information, please fel free to ask I will be more than happy to give it to you.
MrTech

Post by MrTech »

Hey da2tha3 are you okay?
I'm really sorry for offending you If I did, I just thought you were trying to kill my project, You had good reason to say what you did.

Good on you for speaking your mind,
All the best with your animation work :)
MrTech

Hello Everybody

Post by MrTech »

Hey Acochran_89 thanks for correcting me,
But please know that is not my attitude usually, I was just defending my project, your friend had a right to say what he did, it was wrong of me react the way I did, by saying that.

What does IMHO mean?.
PARKER

Post by PARKER »

I understand what da2tha3 is talking about.
Its just some of us are tired of not finding good paid jobs in this section of the forum.
I always get excited when i find a new post in this section but just to find that most of the time voluntary not paid help is wanted, so its a little annoying but thats normal, what happens is that animating is a very complex process and this must be well paid.
dm

Post by dm »

Out of curiosity, what are you doing on this film, Mr. Tech?
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

OK. Forum/animation basics:

1) IMHO = In My Humble Opinion...
(I'm sure there are plenty of web pages out there that list most of these things; another one is LOL - Laugh Out Loud)
2) Pitch. This can take many forms, but is essentially a short presntation of your idea (for an animation, in this case).
3) Elevator pitch. As above, but really short; as though you were selling your idea to a busy executive that you share an elevator ride with.

These are all REALLY basic things, but if you don't know, you don't know. At least you're not afraid to ask.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?