...Split Curve as a Button! :D (A Little One...)

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Fahim, Distinct Sun, Víctor Paredes, erey, Belgarath, slowtiger

...Split Curve as a Button! :D (A Little One...)

Postby Ramón López » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:50 pm

Yeah, very simple but always wanted, by me at least...

You know, the same thing that "Split Curve" menu script does, but more quick and handy. I still was tired to go in to the menus each time I wanted to split something, which is a very common task, I think...

Very humble! And probably you still had one... But as I liked it :), here you have it just in case:

:arrow: http://www.mediafire.com/file/llugd2zzmyo/rl_split_curves_1.03.zip

Greetings,
Ramón López.

PS: Don't forget to add it as a button! Pasting the following line...
Code: Select all
button   rl_split_curves      ...

...where you want into the "_tool_list.txt" file.
Last edited by Ramón López on Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
♪♫♬ Y si no puedes estar (animando) con el programa que amas
Ama el programa con el que estás (animando)
♪♫♬
Ramón López

Postby Genete » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:54 pm

Nice Icon! thanks!
Genete

Postby Víctor Paredes » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:34 pm

Thanks, Ramón, it's pretty useful and fast. I had the normal split curve as a button, but it's when you haven't that menu appearing over and over.
Víctor Paredes

Postby Ramón López » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:41 pm

You are welcome! Really the icon is a little mod too of the original "Add Point" tool, but well... it liked to me too :)

BTW! I have made some "little" (all here is very little :roll:) changes to make it more wise (I think) and make it disabled when unnecessary, as well as I have limited the number of segments you can split at a time to avoid to have more points than corn grains in all the kingdom! After a few button clicks, you know...

Nothing grave! Because it didn't cause any problem to me before this changes, but it seems now more "integrated" and you are free to install the new version if you want...

...BYE,
Ramón López.
♪♫♬
Ramón López

excellent

Postby arfa » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:32 pm

Hey Ramón - that is so cool. You are too modest.

I have had it installed for a bit now and find that I am using a lot. Especially when translating/modelling and I want an extra point. Being able to skip the 'add point' tool is great. Just click your little button and..... there it is - an extra point. No tool change required.

thanks a lot
arfa

Postby Ramón López » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:23 pm

Well thank you! And yeah, I think I am a little :oops:, but it's only I'd want to be able of create more "complex" stuff and it seems like if I had to be content with this ones, although... fortunately sometimes simple things can be welcomed too! And I like to see how others find it useful :)
♪♫♬
Ramón López

Re: ...Split Curve as a Button! :D (A Little One...)

Postby rogermate » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:03 am

Hey Ramón,
Since I've finally got over my fear of installing scripts, I've put yours on. I'm surprised how many times it's used. Want more than 1 split, just keep clicking. Excellent example of a little thing that saves time and keeps the creative flow from getting bogged down in menu surfing.

Thanks a lot!
rogermate

Postby Ramón López » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:46 pm

You're welcome! Now, even at the risk of you think it's going to my head, I think I'm still starting to feel that I have reached the perfection with this script :)

Jeje... I mean! Any other thing that I have tried to do have had no end, there is always something that can be improved, added, or even substract... but after this time, with this "little" one, I think I've not been able to think in any improvement or added to make it better and... how I'd love that all the other things I've been immersed had been the same!

So, now I'd only ask that if someone have the crazy idea of make a suggestion or "feature request" about it, I think I'd prefer not to know it :roll:
♪♫♬
Ramón López

Re: ...Split Curve as a Button! :D (A Little One...)

Postby Oddity » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:54 am

I just install it.
to many journeys between my character and the menu.

really useful.
Thanks !
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. "
Oddity

Return to Scripting