Realistic painting in Anime Studio Pro, Lady Gaga and justin

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

PARKER

Realistic painting in Anime Studio Pro, Lady Gaga and justin

Post by PARKER »

Watch step by step how Justin Bieber was painted in Anime Studio Pro:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol-EnF0gWYs

Last edited by PARKER on Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

:?: :? :?:
~Danimal
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

Very nice Parker, one of your best so far imo.

Off topic for a second. I am so glad this kid did not win best new artist last night at the Grammy.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
PARKER

Post by PARKER »

sbtamu wrote:Very nice Parker, one of your best so far imo.

Off topic for a second. I am so glad this kid did not win best new artist last night at the Grammy.
Yes, it was hard and im proud of it, also just to let you know im not a justin bieber fan, i prefer rock this is just to get more views at my youtube channel.
I will be making more realistic paintings soon.
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

Hell yeah, make them all celebs and add their names in the tags for exposure, I see nothing wrong in that. The most important part is to get the art out there any way possible.

PS. I watched one of your vids from YT today when you made a shadow for Fry. I few things you shared I was unaware of...

Thanks

Stephen
Sorry for bad animation

PARKER

Post by PARKER »

I have several celebrities to paint in mind, many more, i hope to have other one ready tomorrow.
Also i will have more tutorials soon on my channel as well, the reason im reuploading my videos is that i deleted them all by mistake, i have been spending the hole day uploading them again :(
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

Wow, I thought you just made them private, I did not know you deleted them. I was wondering why your play list was so short.
Sorry for bad animation

PARKER

Post by PARKER »

It was a stupid mistake, i was a bit asleep when i did it and one think i have learnt is that whatever mistake you have done you cant just lose your time complaining and think about it over and over and over again, it just wont make it disappear but you must do something about it instead so i started reuploading the videos rightaway :)
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

PARKER wrote:just to let you know im not a justin bieber fan, this is just to get more views at my youtube channel.
This is... a relief.
~Danimal
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Parker, I think you should work more on this picture. It's generally too blurred and the entire mouth escapes from the style.

I was hardly looking for an example I remembered. Now that I found it I can see you saw this too. Anyway, I think this example is very inspiring so post it again.
viewtopic.php?t=14313
It's a little different to the style you want to get, but the way walktoon get the skin and hair gradients is very nice and worthy of emulation.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
PARKER

Post by PARKER »

Danimal wrote:
PARKER wrote:just to let you know im not a justin bieber fan, this is just to get more views at my youtube channel.
This is... a relief.
jajaja i know :D
PARKER

Post by PARKER »

selgin wrote:Parker, I think you should work more on this picture. It's generally too blurred and the entire mouth escapes from the style.

I was hardly looking for an example I remembered. Now that I found it I can see you saw this too. Anyway, I think this example is very inspiring so post it again.
viewtopic.php?t=14313
It's a little different to the style you want to get, but the way walktoon get the skin and hair gradients is very nice and worthy of emulation.
Thanks for your suggestions, im aware of all of them, this is my first time at making realistic painting with the software so its normal i make those mistakes.
Thanks for pointing them out anyway, its good to remember and well the work in that link is good but not the style im looking for, when i want to get references i actually look for realistic speed paintings made with photoshop.
I hope to have an update soon after i finish reuploading my vids.
Vagabond

Post by Vagabond »

The hair is awesome. The clothing looks real. The shading on the hand and the fingers in the hair are all well done. You even textured the corneas. I give up on eyes. Keep it up!!
PARKER

Post by PARKER »

Vagabond wrote:The hair is awesome. The clothing looks real. The shading on the hand and the fingers in the hair are all well done. You even textured the corneas. I give up on eyes. Keep it up!!
Im not that proud of the hair, i actually was a bit lazy when i was making it.
The clothing looks almost real, i hope to get total realistic look soon.
The harder part is alwasy the face, simulating a credible skin, eyes and stuff is not easy.

Post by 94253 »

Danimal wrote:
PARKER wrote:this is just to get more views at my youtube channel.
This is... a relief.
Exactly what I was thinking!

Great job, though! Far more realistic than anything I've been able to do. I look forward to seeing your next ones.