What's it all about?

Seen some cool animation lately? Share it with the rest of us.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

dreeko13

What's it all about?

Post by dreeko13 »

What's it all about?

http://www.muvizu.com/Video/16989/Whats-it-all-about

Please comment!
F.M.

Post by F.M. »

Are you able to modify the characters provided by Muvizu, or did you create your own and imported them?

I enjoyed it!
"and then Man created god!"
dreeko13

Post by dreeko13 »

F.M. wrote:Are you able to modify the characters provided by Muvizu, or did you create your own and imported them?

I enjoyed it!
Yes you can customise the characters and texture them from head to foot
The whole thing was created in a couple of days, audio, sets, characters, lighting, the lot
Muvizu is a very easy program which gives great results in a really short time and it's free.

Thanks for the comments. Its great to have feedback on my videos

Cheers
D
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

Loved the video and the story is very ingenious.

Also watched some of the tutorials, this is very interesting for story creation.

I also like the character wizard, and it has a stricking resemblance with another wizard that surfaced last june! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHHwZR0Q4UU

I did not find any informations as if possible to create characters to include in this, if possible, the possibilities are endless.

Thanks for the link Mate!
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

Downloaded and installed it, not exactly Softimage! :)

Tried to render a scene but the render button stayed greyed.

Must be doing something wrong but what?
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Most likely you must pay and register ... *g*
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

Not according to the download page, anyhow, you cannot import your own character, so it is just a toy, but a nice one!
dreeko13

Post by dreeko13 »

slowtiger wrote:Most likely you must pay and register ... *g*
totally free for non commercial use. Surprising but true!
dreeko13

Post by dreeko13 »

GCharb wrote:Not according to the download page, anyhow, you cannot import your own character, so it is just a toy, but a nice one!
Yet!, but there are plans in the future to allow the importing of characters. You can import objects at the moment with textures (jpeg, png and avi files for moving textures) and change the lighting to anything you see fit plus
It's not softimage as you say but the models are created in maya (according to the developers on the forum). Updates to the program appear about every 6 to 8 weeks with new features added each time.

Don't mistake it for a toy just because it's really easy to use though.
Here's a video created using muvizu over a year ago (by a seventeen year old! incidentally!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhLMw0ig ... k&index=10

It' has and is being used to produce commercial and corporate videos. I myself produced a short video for the glasgow film theatre using it

One person can create quality 3d animations in hours not months with hd output and without spending any money whatsoever!

GCharb ! The rendering problem you're having will be something simple. if you need a solution to it pm me or try posting the prob on the muvizu forumhttp://www.muvizu.com/Forum/ someone there will solve it for you I assure you.
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

What I meant by toy is that since you cannot import your own characters for animation you cant really use it for commercial movie, like for a bluray!

Besides, I did say it was a nice toy, which is cool.

On the 3D video he uses Maya, and he says they use it as a development tool, but it uses unreal engine and unreal model format and there are import plugins for maya, softimage and max at least.

It does look real easy.

I downloaded the movie, will watch it, thanks for the link.

Also, in their conditions, it says you need to pay them money if you do any type of commercial work with it, 20%, or whatever deal you make with them.

I will look more into it though, thanks!