Orgesticulanismus

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

DK

Orgesticulanismus

Post by DK »

This is astounding. Watch......but don't trun off...it starts slow and builds.

http://www.youtube.com:80/watch?v=iDHfx9nde14

Enjoy
D.K
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

The amount of information is mind blowing, great piece, I grabbed it, thanks!
DK

Post by DK »

It made my head hurt :shock:

D.K
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

DK wrote:It made my head hurt :shock:

D.K
I can see why!

The words are also very strong!
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

amazing
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
Genete

Post by Genete »

It touched me ;). Thanks!
-G
3deeguy

Post by 3deeguy »

@GCharb, Can you interpret what is being said?
Cheers, Larry
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

3deeguy wrote:@GCharb, Can you interpret what is being said?
Yes, it is in French and so am I. He basically talks about how he had to create a world for himself since he cannot walk anymore and how diseases affect peoples and how it brings the best out of them, roughly.

I could do a full translation if you'd like!
3deeguy

Post by 3deeguy »

Our minds are, I think, the greatest gifts we have. He created something of great beauty which required intelligence. I enjoy examples of intelligence no matter what form it takes. I would like to hear some of his insights.
I'm in my 50's and in many ways time also brings out the best in you. (I feel like a late starter and I want to catch up.)
Cheers, Larry
ruscular3d

Post by ruscular3d »

Me too! and I am 80% deaf and lip read and choose to do things with my eyes in drawings. I would be very interested in his story of how he make up for the handicap in his life. They are inspirational! I even facebook the animation for others to watch! It is a Sistine chapel of animation!
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

the translation of the narrative is on the YouTube page. click on "show more"...

but here it is (plus preamble)
Great tribute to his father Benoît Labaye, suffered from a multiple sclerosis at 29 years old. Benoît Labaye had been confined to a wheelchair since age 40 and died at 55 years old the 04.22.2006, as a result of a pneumonia.

In the movie, you can hear Benoît Labaye speaking:

"I think it's by the movement you appropriate your own life. By the freedom to come and go, to have gestures of love, tenderness, anger, whatever. When you are deprived of movements, as I am and as a lot of other people are, I think if you want to survive, you must reinvent the movement differently. And so what happens inside my head isn't purely brain, purely intellectual. It's a way of recreating an inner space which is also my freedom."

"When you live a severe handicap, when you live absolutely still, dependent, you live, in fact, something that can't be shared, that can't be easily expressed, which you can't easily talk about. Because when two people talk, to be able to understand each other, they need to have a minimum of common experience between them, to speak of something they both know from some form of experience."

"Sure, the stillness, the handicap, brings you to the conclusion and to the gradual acceptance that there's a certain number of things that you can't do. But conversely I think it opens a whole bunch of new possibilities, notably with inner freedom, inner space, but also with the way you can come in contact, in relation with others.
I think there is in the handicap, in the disease, a lot of potentiality. The human being is inexhaustible at the level of desire, of energy, of inner strength. Ans it's something you discover with maybe more urge, more intensity, when you're deprived of movement."
and - yes - an intriguing piece of work...
DK

Post by DK »

Thank you so much for the time you spent doing the translation hayasidist . I'm sure everyone on the forum who cannot speak French appreciates understanding the dialogue of the piece.

Cheers
D.K
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

Thanks , but it was zero effort on my part - just a cut and paste from the YouTube site...
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

I did not bother with the text, as I understood what he said, but the text is accurate!