The Artistic Eye

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

chucky

Post by chucky »

Thanks for the Nyancaxx link it craxx me up.
Kellz, cheer up, just think of something you want to say, a story or scenario.
This is where the art will come from.
Then become the observer of that scenario in your head.
Draw a couple of stick figures (or objects).
Place them in different layouts, always think about the screen right versus screen left interactions.
The nyancaxx is a great example as it is so simple.
Most great art replies on simplicity to convey the message.
Don't freak out, use the K.I.S.S method and something will soon come from nothing.
Read about storyboarding, on the web, it will help you find the layouts that most convey the feelings you want to express in non abstract images.
The abstract stuff should follow soon enough.
chucky

Post by chucky »

Kellz , I have been catching up with old posts here and have seen your work around, I have to agree with others , that you have nothing to really worry about, I applaud your ambitiousness; don't be discouraged we all get that way (unless we are completely deluded).
Your 'Weltschmertz' as Janocli so aptly put it ( love that word), is a healthy sign of your humanity.
Keep it up , do something simple and triumph will find you.
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

knowing where you want to get to, rather than thinking you're already there, is the only way to improve. as you improve, you will always find new places to aspire too - that is our journey. Compare yourself now to when you first had the idea to even draw or animate - you are ON that journey, and the journey only ends one way - and it's NOT reaching your goal :P

So just enjoy the journey and work to improve yourself, don't turn back just becuase you've gone over a hill and now you finally see the mountain.