Making Cut Scenes

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Itsa_Secret

Making Cut Scenes

Post by Itsa_Secret »

Hello,

This probably was already answered many times, but I'm wondering how to make cut scenes. Specifically, when I've zoomed in onto a cat licking its paw, I want to delete the tongue and give it a speaking mouth. Problem is, when I delete the tongue, it's no longer there in the whole movie. Is there a way to tell the timeline to seperate itself into pieces, so I can delete or move things without them having an effect on the whole project?

Also, can someone give me a link to the explanation on how to make your own talking mouths while using the program's already built phonetic mouth chanes?

Thank you
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

if its not on its own layer (so you can use the layer visibility) just put a keyframe the moment you want the tongue to dissapear (to keep it in place), then go to the next frame and move the tongue off the canvas...
Itsa_Secret

Post by Itsa_Secret »

Alright. The tongue is it's own layer. So what I did was I selected it, added a keyframe on the timeline, and them the next frame moved the tongue off the board. However, the program still took the move as a gradual overall move for the tongue. Thus, making the tongue flying off the cat's face at a very slow pace. I know I'm probably misunderstanding you, but I'd be greatfull if you could figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Thank You.
Itsa_Secret

Post by Itsa_Secret »

Never mind. I figured it out. I was trying to move the tongue off when it had later movement on the area. Thank you.
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

ah yeah i forgot to mention you need to either change the off canvas key to 'step' so it doesnt slowly come back, or do the same trick again - making an off canvas key 1 frame before it comes back.

If it's in its own layer, you can click on the visibility lane to toggle visibility on and off for the layer too...
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

You know you can switch layer visibility on and off?
Itsa_Secret

Post by Itsa_Secret »

I know about the visibility. However, I for some reason can't make the visibility of an object visible in one frame and invisible in a later frame. I can only move it on and off screen.
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

Here, check out this demo I've done for you. It should answer your question.

http://youtu.be/Rk6DPs0-PHM
Seyrse

Post by Seyrse »

Thanks for the demo it did help a lot on a project I'm into. I'm going to have to start making notes so I don't have to try and remember where I saw something that answered a question I forgot I had. My own cookbook so to speak.

Steve E.