about purchasing

(This forum has been closed. Please use the General Moho Discussion forum.)

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

henry_e1

about purchasing

Post by henry_e1 »

hello...

i wanna buy moho, and also beta test moho 5, i was wondering that if the code for the moho beta will work for the final version? or should i just wait till its officially released?

thanks
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

If you buy a copy now, your registration code will be valid for both version 4 and version 5 (both beta and final).
henry_e1

Post by henry_e1 »

alright thanks...

another thing, it says on your webpage you dont offer education discounts for students...is this still valid? or will it change in the future?

another question i forgot to ask, i downloaded the demo of version 4.6.1, and the bone animation thing is really cool...
since i read in other threads that 3d objects can now be imported, i was wondering if you could use bone structure in 3d objects too?
spasmodic_cheese

Post by spasmodic_cheese »

moho is pretty cheap, i doubt you could get an educational price for any other software anywheren ear as cheap as moho =P
myles

Post by myles »

henry_e1 wrote: since i read in other threads that 3d objects can now be imported, i was wondering if you could use bone structure in 3d objects too?
Bones can be applied to a 3D layer, in a similar manner to applying them to an image layer.

Keep in mind that although the objects may be 3D, the bone structure is 2D only. If you want a 3D program with 3D bones, you're going to have to use a 3D program with 3D bones, of which there are plenty available and competing hard for market share.

Moho's unique implementation of 2D is what makes it valuable and easy to use - the 3D objects, layers, particles, depth of field, etc, are cool extras, but it's not (at least not yet :wink: ) a general 3D animation program.

Personally, I think that's currently an advantage rather than a limitation.

Regards, Myles.
Banterfield

Post by Banterfield »

Okay, I haven't done my homework on this but...

Could you wrap a bone layer in a group folder and rotate it a bit to get manipulation in 3d?

Irresponsible of me not to just try it before posting, but not at my Moho machine.
Dave
Banterfield

Post by Banterfield »

Okay, I gave it a spin. You can rotate layer Y to turn bones (and the "child" 3d objects) for a 3d effect. If you wanted, you could cannily position the axis points of your bone/3d layers to achieve the desired effect.

Moho does a neat job of adding an outline only around the outside of the combined 3d objects, not at the edge of the individual bone/3dobject layers, reinforcing the impression that they are one greater object. Very cool.

I agree 100% with Myles. The tradeoff for working in that 3rd dimension is an increase in complexity that is, in my experience, not worth it. Long live 2d. :)

Kind regards,
Dave