Smart Bone problem

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

lawnmower70

Smart Bone problem

Post by lawnmower70 »

Hello everyone, long time lurker, very rarely post (just don't have much worth posting yet) I'm having a frustrating problem with 9.5, I have searched but haven't found anyone else having this problem. I am trying to set smart bones, but when I go and create an action, I cannot use my maniuplate bones tool, it is greyed out. If it's greyed out, I can't move the bone to correct the action. What am I doing wrong? I have been watching tutorials and thought I did everything the way it was said in the tutorial, but it's still greyed out and cannot use it. Any help would be appreciated.
Livestreaming games and Anime Studio usually every night starting around 9 eastern time.
www.twitch.tv/stugots70
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Re: Smart Bone problem

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Use the Rotate bone tool (Image) instead the Manipulate bone tool.

In 9.5 the manipulate bone tool (Image)was removed for Smart bones. It was my idea to remove it... if you want to blame some one :roll:.
Now Smart bones can control (rotate/scale/translate) other bones, so since Manipulate bones tool rotates an entire chain of bones, it was very easy to get problems with smart bones moving bones you don't want to. The rotate bone tool only moves one bone at the time.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
lawnmower70

Re: Smart Bone problem

Post by lawnmower70 »

Awesome! Thank you Selgin!
Livestreaming games and Anime Studio usually every night starting around 9 eastern time.
www.twitch.tv/stugots70