General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Undiscovered

Re: Anime Studio 10

Post by Undiscovered »

Amazing work Victor as usual.

I love it.

Just 2 quick questions.
Anime studio has great drawing tools and is an all in one solution.
I was just wondering why their were so many Image files for the backgrounds?
Were these drawn in Anime studio and rendered to save CPU or were they made in Photoshop?

I love your work. Please make more tutorials. :)
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Thank you Selgin. That was fun to watch and very educational. :)

G.
hammerjammer

Post by hammerjammer »

WOW
Ok, here is a video:
Thanks so much for sharing that with us Selgin! Thanks for taking the time, I'm sure your a busy man.
I little too long, sorry
I didn't think it was to long at all.
Very well done. That was really cool to see the breakdown of the scenes. I have been a fan of the new characters from the day I got Anime Studio 10.
They are so well done. I've been playing with them since I got AS10. Mostly trying to reverse engineer them so that I can learn from them.

The new features and tools are very fun to have and I believe that upgrading from 9.5 was worth it even for a hobbyist like me, AND definitely for you folks who maybe do this everyday for a living.

I have already seen people doing cool things with the new software that I think are going to be big in so many creative ways.
I can't wait to see what people share with the forum so that we all have more to learn from.

I am always impressed with how patient and willing to help you experienced animators are with people on here, especially with us new animators.
Thanks to you all for that.

This is so much fun for me and I'm sure others too.... You guys make even those bumps in the road to learning this just that much more fun.
So again, thank you Selgin and to so many others for your efforts and help.

Sorry if all that was just a little sappy. :oops:

HammerJammer
Check out All of my animations on my YouTube Channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/HammerAnimation/videos

Thanks for watching!
Hammerjammer
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Thank you, guys, I'm glad you liked it :)
sbtamu wrote:How many people created this?
In the animation part, we were 3. Two illustrators (Óscar Chávez and Alfredo Cáceres) created the characters and the backgrounds. All rigging, animation and composition was made by me.
The scene where the AS boxes appear was made by Mario Quiñones, using the animation of the characters I made. After everything was ready, Pedro Santa Cruz made the Sound design.
So we were 5 in total.
Undiscovered wrote:Just 2 quick questions.
Anime studio has great drawing tools and is an all in one solution.
I was just wondering why their were so many Image files for the backgrounds?
Were these drawn in Anime studio and rendered to save CPU or were they made in Photoshop?
We use the tools depending of the project. I love AS drawing tools, but -for this project- there was no reason to have everything done with vectors. It would be slower to work for me and for the illustrators. We choose to work with Photoshop and Manga Studio, and the AS features are flexible enough to work with the files that softwares create.
The characters and some parts of the backgrounds were remade with vectors, mostly because they had some animation involved (as the tape in the plant scene). It's not something about saving CPU, it's about using the best tool depending of the needs. For example, AS supports multiples sound files and you can make a mix with it (and it's very useful), but it will never be better than a speciallized audio software, and that is totally logic.
hammerjammer wrote:Thanks to you all for that.
Thank you for the nice words, hammerjammer. I also really like this community and have learned a lot by being here :)
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Ronbo

Post by Ronbo »

That's great! Thank you, Victor. You are always so generous with your time and sharing your knowledge and experience. Much appreciated.