Importing Poser to AS10 problem

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

dkwroot

Importing Poser to AS10 problem

Post by dkwroot »

Here's the issue. I loaded up one of the poser characters into anime studio and she looks perfectly fine in the viewer.

But when I render the model, her hair disappears. I turned on materials, but it doesn't help. Is there a setting I need to do in poser maybe? Any ideas?

dkwroot

Re: Importing Poser to AS10 problem

Post by dkwroot »

On a side note, Anime Studio mixed with Poser is freakin' amazing. I'm really starting to understand why Poser was put together with AS10, they really compliment one another. When I import from poser, I like to set the 3d model so that it ignores the camera. This is AMAZING because it completely ignores the 3d rotation caused by camera shifting, so you can manually rotate a 3d object and make it seem like you have a 2d character rigged from different views ... I'm just ... blown away by this.

Now get this, you can actually set a 3d model as a MASK and then create a vector on top of it and shade the model manually. You can essentially make something 3d look and act as if it were 2d. As I said before ... blown away... :shock:

Still can't get the hair to work though, lol. :lol:

EDIT:
Does anyone know how to make an imported Poser animation loop inside of Anime Studio? For example, I animated the walk example in poser and then imported into anime studio, but the walk was only for 120 frames. In Anime Studio, I'd like the walk to last longer and thus need to loop the walk somehow.
Distinct Sun

Post by Distinct Sun »

Is that Koshini? Just wondering, as I want to test out the hair and see exactly whats going on.

I think it is the transparency thats your problem. Trans mapped hair and in some cases other transparent textures will not display correctly.
I can't say for sure without trying, but you might be able to just get rid of the transparency on her hair in the Poser material room and the hair might then show up in Anime Studio. I say might because trans mapped hair usually has other geometry there that might not look so good revealed.

Looping. Currently there is not a way to loop that imported Poser scene. You can adjust parameters of the figure in Anime Studio Pro, but you'd be better off going back to Poser and getting it right there. Walk designer could help a lot. If you save the same file , it should just load up with the additional frames and changes next time you load the Anime Studio Pro file.

cool stuff! thanks for sharing. There is definitely some cool stuff you'll be able to pull off. :D
"All colors are the friends of their neighbors and the lovers of their opposites."
Marc Chagall
wizaerd

Post by wizaerd »

When I got my AS10 and saw Poser Debut was included, I thought to myself "meh, don;t really care..." But perhaps I was bit premature. Anyone else messing around with it?
dkwroot

Post by dkwroot »

Yes, it's Koshini from the Cartoon characters add-on. I'll keep fiddling with it and see if I can get it to work properly.

Here is another weird issue I have with Poser. When I do a run cycle for a character in poser and then set the frames in the scene to something like 240 frames, the animation only lasts 194 frames in Anime Studio. This always happens for some reason. Anime Studio sees fewer frames than were animated in Poser.

ALSO, is there a way to modify a walk that has been made with the walk generator? I made a character that's walking on a path, but I can't seem to modify the walk once it has been generated.

-------------------

Anyway, I was toying with Poser all last night and I made this little video. I think it's very possible to fool the viewer into thinking a 3d model is 2d if you follow three steps:
1. Remove 3d shading
2. Remove Camera Influence. The slight change in character perspective gives away 3d models.
3. Avoid having too many inbetweens for motions, especially small motions like talking or fidgeting.

I'll keep toying with this and see what I can do...
Undiscovered

Post by Undiscovered »

Hey I read somewhere that Poser is 30 frames per second and Anime studio is defaulted to 24 frames.
I would guess that changing Anime studio to 30 fps would make Poser run smoother.

I have not tried it yet. but it's worth a shot.
hope this helps.
Distinct Sun

Post by Distinct Sun »

Undiscovered wrote:Hey I read somewhere that Poser is 30 frames per second and Anime studio is defaulted to 24 frames.
I would guess that changing Anime studio to 30 fps would make Poser run smoother.
I have not tried it yet. but it's worth a shot.
hope this helps.
You are right.
What Anime studio is doing , is that it is taking the amount of seconds, so if your Project in Poser was 30fps and 300 frames long, it would be 10 seconds long. if you import that into Anime Studio Pro, its duration will be 240 frames if you project is 24fps. because 240 is where 10 second marker is. So think about matching up the duration in seconds if you aren't matching the frame rate too.
fyi.

I hope that helps to clarify and not confuse.
Last edited by Distinct Sun on Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"All colors are the friends of their neighbors and the lovers of their opposites."
Marc Chagall
Distinct Sun

Post by Distinct Sun »

dkwroot wrote: ALSO, is there a way to modify a walk that has been made with the walk generator? I made a character that's walking on a path, but I can't seem to modify the walk once it has been generated.
No, In Poser it is laying down keyframes for all those movements on most body parts and there is no way to go back and tweak specific areas( at least not in Debut). You could open up the Animation Palette and try removing blocks on of keys and adjusting, but in the end it would be much easier to just rebuild you walk again.
The walk designer should recall your last settings when you reopen it.

fyi. the top left corner in animation Palette is where you change the frame rate in Poser.
Marc Chagall
richinri

Post by richinri »

As to the earlier question about enjoying Poser that came with AS10...I have avoided Poser like the plague and am cursing SmithMicro for keeping me up since I started playing with it. :P Now I am thinking of upgrading. :wink:
dkwroot

Post by dkwroot »

I seem to have hit a snag...

When I load a 3d model into Poser, I like to set it so that it'll render with a higher poly-count so that it'll look super smooth. This works great for Poser, but when I save my file and then load it into Anime Studio the Sub-D rendering doesn't work so my character looks jagged. I kind of figured this would happen, so I went back into Poser and decided that I'd just render my characters in Poser and then save them as images that I'd export to Anime Studio ... Well, it looks like there aren't any Orthographic cameras in Poser that can be moved around so I'm stuck on that end as well.

I'm starting to worry that the only way to make this work is to apply a high poly-count to the rig and import, but that would most likely crash Anime Studio. Any ideas? :?:
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

If you want high quality 3D stuff, just use any high quality 3D software.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
dkwroot

Post by dkwroot »

Nevermind, I figured it out. If you set the camera view to Front, Back, Left, Right, Top or Bottom it sets the camera to Orthographic. You can then manually turn the character instead of the camera to get the effect of a character rotating without Camera perspective. I'm used to programs like Blender and Maya so the idea of a stationary camera is throwing me off a bit, but I'm adjusting. :D
Distinct Sun

Post by Distinct Sun »

dkwroot wrote:I seem to have hit a snag...

When I load a 3d model into Poser, I like to set it so that it'll render with a higher poly-count so that it'll look super smooth. This works great for Poser, but when I save my file and then load it into Anime Studio the Sub-D rendering doesn't work so my character looks jagged. I kind of figured this would happen, so I went back into Poser and decided that I'd just render my characters in Poser and then save them as images that I'd export to Anime Studio ... Well, it looks like there aren't any Orthographic cameras in Poser that can be moved around so I'm stuck on that end as well.

I'm starting to worry that the only way to make this work is to apply a high poly-count to the rig and import, but that would most likely crash Anime Studio. Any ideas? :?:
Anime Studio Does not import the subdivided mesh from poser. You are correct. Poser was built to handle high poly counts, Anime Studio was not.
You have a ton of camera options in Poser including creation new ones. Try right clicking on the stage and you should get a menu with camera selection in it.

Also, if you chose to not import into Anime Studio, there are preview options like 2 tone and comic book display modes that give a more toon look to your Poser character. Its different then what Anime Studio does, but maybe useful for you.
Marc Chagall
Blackhawk1

Post by Blackhawk1 »

Here's MY issue with AS10...
  • 1. I can import a Poser scene just fine and am able to animate it on the time line, and set keyframes. BUT, when I export the animation, the poser character that I just animated does NOTHING. It remains in the frame 1 position for the entire animation. What am I doing wrong?
    2. When exporting an animation, the animation in the window showing the progress of the rendering is choppy, sometimes goes black, and occasionally (especially when using a Poser character) flips upside down. However, the final rendered animation turns out just fine (except for the issue when rendering a Poser scene character). In ASP8 it moves along just fine, showing each frame in the animation as it's rendered. How do I get this to stop?
    3. If I export the animation in MP4 format, the colors are off or go darker. For example, yellow gets darker to almost orange. Is this common when exporting to MP4s? How do I avoid this happening?
Any suggestions/help?