Learn how to make animations from Big Chicken Animation!

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

mtbuck24

Learn how to make animations from Big Chicken Animation!

Post by mtbuck24 »

Hey guys are you new to Anime Studio or just want to learn how to make an animation from start to finish?

I will teach you how to make this animation

Get started here: Cat Lady Tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... iFEN0iTbWL_

I will be uploading tutorials for this series every week

Let me know what you think!
I teach moho and animation on youtube - https://www.youtube.com/@mccoy_buck
mtbuck24

Re: Learn how to make animations from Big Chicken Animation!

Post by mtbuck24 »

If you have any comments or suggestions or just letting me know if this would be of help let me know! I am investing a lot of time into this and I hope it helps new users, I just haven't found a way to get my content out there where people can find me.

Thanks!
kitzeldikatz

Post by kitzeldikatz »

Sorry, but I'm not your target audience. But since you asked here are my thoughts:

These videos are over 3.5h in total. And here is the problem: I do have a day job.
So what's the reason that I should definitely watch them? I don't want to watch someone using a program.
Where are the parts where I will learn something new?

I prefer shorter videos where someone explains one topic only in a concise manner.
mtbuck24

Post by mtbuck24 »

Hey kitzeldikatz thanks for your response!
Sorry, but I'm not your target audience.
I know that my tutorials might not actually appeal to everyone seeing how everyone learns in different ways, but I know when I was starting out this would have helped me a ton to see how someone made an animation and showed me exactly how to make it.
These videos are over 3.5h in total
My hopes are to be able to build a community on my channel with whom I can talk with and get advice and suggestions from. I know starting out the videos are a little long and that's mostly just because of the lack of video editing skills and software I have currently.
And here is the problem: I do have a day job.
I too work full time and go to school full time, so I know things seem to get pretty crazy and you don't have time for much. But I also found that if you have a burning passion for something, you always find a way to make time for it. But even when going to school and learning adobe flash I also made the effort to learn Anime Studio since they don't teach that at schools. But the cool thing about having my tutorials on YouTube is you don't have to sit, like you would in a class, and listen to the whole boring lecture, you can skip to the good parts.
So what's the reason that I should definitely watch them? I don't want to watch someone using a program.
Where are the parts where I will learn something new?
My goal primarily in these tutorials is not only to teach others how to be more proficient in Anime Studio, but for me to learn new ways to better myself and have a better flowing work space. Teachers also learn a lot as they teach, sometimes they learn more than the learner. I know from a beginners point of view you will actually learn a lot, because I go through every step to show how I came up with the animation, drew it, rigged it, and animated it. Or even if you are at an intermediate level it still is really cool to see how someone made an animation and actually showed you how they did it.
I prefer shorter videos where someone explains one topic only in a concise manner.
I hope to be able to have enough content on my channel this year that I will be able to take preferences, suggestions, and questions from the community of a simple topic and explain it short and sweet or share some tips and tricks using the software and animation in general.

Again, awesome feedback, just what I wanted! I hope to be able to expand my channel so that you can find it appealing for you also but that is the one thing difficult when starting, you don't have much content and or time. But my vision is to be like the next Incredible Tutorials I think Chad does an awesome job! I just want Anime Studio to really get out there like Flash and Toon Boom, I think it's an awesome animation software and with patience (for that pretty steep learning curve) and dedication, you can make anything you want.

For anyone else reading this, give me suggestions or feedback of what you would like to see on my channel and I will take note and add it to my vision and goals I have for Big Chicken Animation.

Thanks!

-McCoy
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

Having a short syllabus at the beginning of the video or in the comments would be useful (cf. Incredible Tutorials). Sometimes for long videos, I've seen links to the relevant parts put in the comments.
mtbuck24

Post by mtbuck24 »

You make a really good point neeters_guy, I definitely will have to do that now. Thanks!
parseh

Post by parseh »

Hi mtbuck,
First of all, thank you for making these free tutorials. It's always nice to see how others do a particular job. Although I have to agree with kitzeldikatz on one point. If you want to increase the number of your audience, you should aim for short and to the point videos. The fact is most people are impatient and don't watch videos longer than 20 minutes.
And yes we do learn a lot by teaching each other. I am personally writing a few ebooks about Anime Studio, Photoshop, Aftereffects because first of all I believe I am learning a lot from writing these books and I'm hoping to share them one day when they have enough content.
mtbuck24

Post by mtbuck24 »

Hey Paresh,

Thanks for the feedback! You make a really good point. I will do my best at keeping my content short and sweet. Thanks for checking it out and good luck on your books!

-mtbuck24