2.5D head with corrective smartbones (now with tutorial)

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

lucasfranca

Re: 2.5D head with corrective smartbones (now with tutorial)

Post by lucasfranca »

Lychee wrote: Sun May 24, 2015 9:18 pm Hi.

Nice work Dkwroot, it remind me the Dragon Matrix script of Sang820.

But i dont understand how your technic's works with all thoses bones, so i tried simplify it.
I used the real 3d depth to help me simulate a tilted head in every direction and a switch layer to create a full headturn.
It's not perfect but i think it's pretty usable.

Here is the file if you want it:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rwmqvw02uwcfh ... .anme?dl=0
How did you animate these y points? Nothing appears in the action!

An old guy [since 1983] who was raised in front of the TV.
Passionate about animation, after getting old, he decides to make it his hobby.

I share tutorials, reviews, tips and tricks from this vast world of animation on my channel.

https://youtube.com/animai2D
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

lucasfranca wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:12 pm How did you animate these y points? Nothing appears in the action!

That's done using x-axis layer rotation of the Front Side and Back Side groups.
lucasfranca

Post by lucasfranca »

synthsin75 wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:06 am
lucasfranca wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:12 pm How did you animate these y points? Nothing appears in the action!

That's done using x-axis layer rotation of the Front Side and Back Side groups.
Did you open the file? In action y and y 2 there are no frames for these points. I would like to know how he made this!

EDIT: Oh my gosh! I found. It is the animation of the group superior to it.
An old guy [since 1983] who was raised in front of the TV.
Passionate about animation, after getting old, he decides to make it his hobby.

I share tutorials, reviews, tips and tricks from this vast world of animation on my channel.

https://youtube.com/animai2D
striker2311

Post by striker2311 »

dkwroot wrote: Mon May 18, 2015 10:09 pm
download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwzk-f ... sp=sharing

When you open the AS file, you'll see that I used target bones in a unique way to achieve smartbone control through bone scale compression. This essentially allowed me to create 'zones' of correction, where two smartbones are combined and then corrected for deformation.

If Anime Studio 11 allows us to control smartbones directly by scale control, then this method of design will be obsolete and replaced by a far more efficient one. The unique thing about this technique is that it gives very fine control to the animator, allowing them to control every aspect of a head turn.
The file of the rig has been deleted and video has also gone private. Is there a way for me to get these back?
I would really appreciate if you can help me with this. :(
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

We were talking about the file in this post: viewtopic.php?p=155509#p155509
I don't think dkwroot is active any more.
striker2311

Post by striker2311 »

synthsin75 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:21 am We were talking about the file in this post: viewtopic.php?p=155509#p155509
Yeah I think so too. I'll try to figure out something then.

Thanks synthsin
dkwroot

Post by dkwroot »

synthsin75 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:21 am We were talking about the file in this post: viewtopic.php?p=155509#p155509
I'm still around. I just don't have any of those old files anymore. I haven't had any time to play with Moho since I started my current job.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

dkwroot wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:33 am
I'm still around. I just don't have any of those old files anymore. I haven't had any time to play with Moho since I started my current job.
Wow, over a year. Nice to know you're still kicking. Between that and your links dying...

Yeah, life has a nasty way of taking up time.
Last edited by synthsin75 on Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

dkwroot wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:33 am I'm still around. I just don't have any of those old files anymore. I haven't had any time to play with Moho since I started my current job.
Hey, great to see you're still in the neighborhood! You created many wonderful tools for Moho, and I hope you'll be able to make time for that again. But if you only have time to pop in occasionally to say hi, that's cool too! 😸
dkwroot

Post by dkwroot »

Greenlaw wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:15 am
dkwroot wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:33 am I'm still around. I just don't have any of those old files anymore. I haven't had any time to play with Moho since I started my current job.
Hey, great to see you're still in the neighborhood! You created many wonderful tools for Moho, and I hope you'll be able to make time for that again. But if you only have time to pop in occasionally to say hi, that's cool too! 😸
Thanks man, it's good to see you too.
Honestly though, my old tools were pretty terrible. I've been working as a software engineer for a few years now and I'm embarrassed just thinking about my old code. :lol: :oops:
If the Moho devs decide to open up the program to other languages like C# or Javascript, I'd be down to mess with it again.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Oh, they're not terrible to me!

I use Mirror Points and Swap Sides all the time. This combo is super useful when setting up animations for full turns. Modified Magnet is still a favorite too! as well. I used to use Bake Bones occasionally but I guess we can now do that using the recently added Deep Frames features.

Hmm...I might install some of you other scripts tonight and see how they hold up in Moho 13.5. 😸

BTW, if you no longer have some of your script files to share, is it okay for me to upload them to your original threads? A few users asked me about some of the tools I recommended, but since the links are no longer active I wasn't sure how you felt about them being shared by another user.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dkwroot

Post by dkwroot »

Greenlaw wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:53 am Oh, they're not terrible to me!

I use Mirror Points and Swap Sides all the time. This combo is super useful when setting up animations for full turns. Modified Magnet is still a favorite too!. I used to use Bake Bones occasionally but I guess we can now do that using the recently added Deep Frames features.

Hmm...I might install some of you other scripts tonight and see how they hold up in Moho 13.5. 😸

BTW, if you no longer have some of your script files to share, is it okay for me to upload them to your original threads? A few users asked me about some of the tools I recommended, but since the links are no longer active I wasn't sure how you felt about them being shared by another user.
Absolutely, you guys are free to upload, modify and share any of my old scripts anywhere you want. :D
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

dkwroot wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:47 am
Greenlaw wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:53 am Oh, they're not terrible to me!
Absolutely, you guys are free to upload, modify and share any of my old scripts anywhere you want. :D
Looking forward to seeing them (especially the ones I don't seem to have any more :? :?: such as magnet...)! Some were things that, if you hadn't already done it, I'd have on my to-do list!
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

dkwroot wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:47 am
Greenlaw wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:53 am BTW, if you no longer have some of your script files to share, is it okay for me to upload them to your original threads? A few users asked me about some of the tools I recommended, but since the links are no longer active I wasn't sure how you felt about them being shared by another user.
Excellent! Thank you so much dkwroot, that's very gracious of you. I'm a bit of a packrat when it comes to software so I should have the missing files. I'll upload what I have this week.
striker2311

Post by striker2311 »

dueyftw wrote: Wed May 20, 2015 5:51 pm Here is another version with a few less bones. Not better or worse, but a slightly different approach.

The file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/81rs69mizhc5m ... .anme?dl=0

The advantage to this method is you can add as many fix smart bones as needed.
Dale
This file is deleted. So does anybody have it, if so please send it over here. It will be a great help.