MohoScripting.com - unofficial Moho scripting documentation

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Lukas

Re: MohoScripting.com - unofficial Moho scripting documentation

Post by Lukas »

Much appreciated!
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Hi Stan, just a question: Is there a preferred way to inform about possible mistakes or typos in the web? I looked up for a way to do it there but I didn't find anything...

Anyway, I found, for example, that for LM_Matrix:Rotate(axis, angle) and LM_Vector3:Rotate(axis, angle) the description of the first argument (axis) contains unexpected text from below and the link to the axis CONSTANTS is missing. In this case the hint "int32" makes clear what it could require but, if possible, it'd be nice if this little things could be easily informed and corrected, specially with beginners in mind.

If this is the preferred way indeed, well there it is... Well, thanks to you and all the contributors for maintaining such a useful resource!
Stan

Post by Stan »

Thank you for your kind words, Ramón! I fixed those two methods you mentioned.
Well, yes, this forum is probably the easiest way to let us know about any typos or improvements. BTW, if you'd like to participate as a site admin, I can give you the access. I'm pretty sure that Paul, Wes, and Alexandra wouldn't have any objections!
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

That was quick, thank you! About the offer, I feel grateful, although I don't know how useful I could be at this point there since I take up scripting from time to time and I'm really starting to try to get familiar with it again after all these years, but at a very slow pace... But I take your word if finally turns out I end up taking it seriously enough again and I see I can somehow contribute there. Well, thanks again :)
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Yeah, Ramon would be a worthy addition.

And don't worry Ramon, some of us only occasionally make improvements to the info, as we happen across it while scripting...which can be sporadic amid day jobs.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

Ramón López wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:43 am ... I don't know how useful I could be at this point ...
IMO, the base info that's there, which is meticulously maintained for each new Moho release by Stan, is pretty good. Usually, I only _add_ clarifications where (e.g.) I've tried something that "should have" worked but discovered a "wrinkle" that merits further explanation / elaboration. And I can't really recall the last time I did that. So yeah! As a "veteran" scripter, you'd be welcome as far as I'm concerned.
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Well I feel triple grateful now :oops:, thank you guys for the kind words too! You made me think that at first I could help at least making the above kind of little corrections one may find and, hopefully, I'll be able to contribute more with time if I really get stick with scripting this time, as I'd like (but, yeah, several attempts already...)

BTW, if that helps, I already registered in the page with the username "Ramon0" looking for a way of reporting things indeed, but if you finally decide to add me, I remain at your disposal for whatever else that may be necessary, of course!
Stan

Post by Stan »

Welcome aboard, Ramón!
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

That was also quick, thank you! I can see the Edit button and all :D. I don't know what exactly the "Uploads" is used for (well, I imagine for attaching/inserting resources to pages), but I don't think it's something I'm going to need to use for now anyway... Well, thanks again! And, as said, I hope I can somehow contribute to improve such an already awesome resource.

P.S. BTW, for little corrections and typos I assume no discussions are necessary, but if there were a more important change or something about one is not 100% sure... is it here (or by PM, depending on relevance) the preferred way to do it? Again, I don't think that's something I'll have to worry about for now, but maybe good to know in case at some point it comes up...
Stan

Post by Stan »

Yeah, we all are registered users here, so we can use this forum's PM system for discussions. Or we can create something like a Telegram channel, if you prefer.

BTW, the mohoscripting.com credentials are also mohoscripts.com credentials, so you can participate there as well.
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Stan wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:13 pm Or we can create something like a Telegram channel, if you prefer.
No, I'm totally fine with how things are as long as you all are and it works, don't worry!
Stan wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:13 pm BTW, the mohoscripting.com credentials are also mohoscripts.com credentials, so you can participate there as well.
Oh, I didn't know about that! I mean, I knew they were somehow "connected" each other, but I didn't think up to that point. What a great job done there too... Well thank you as well, I hope I can create something enough interesting to be uploaded there at some point :)