Halloween Content Pack - Made by Víctor Paredes

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Halloween Content Pack - Made by Víctor Paredes

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Hi everyone,
During this weeks working at Smith Micro, one of my tasks was to make a Halloween Content Pack for Anime Studio.
You can see it in action here:

It contains:
- 7 characters (two bats, a pumpkin, a flying pumpkin, a vampire, a mummy and a zombie)
- 2 backgrounds arranged in 3d for easy parallax
- 1 AS file of the Spot above.

Each character has Smart bones and actions as walk, fly or bite.
You can use them in AS10 and 11, Pro and Debut.

I know Content Packs are usually focused to beginners, but probably this one could be interesting for Pros who want to check different rigging techniques.

For more info, you can check here
http://my.smithmicro.com/marcom/eblasts ... f6d586e4cb
http://sites.fastspring.com/smithmicro/product/26487

Thanks for your attention.
I hope you like the Pack, it's made with care :)
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Telemacus

Re: Halloween Content Pack - Made by Víctor Paredes

Post by Telemacus »

I purchased this. Great stuff!
I was wondering if you guys knew where I could get a good "bat wings flap" sound. I've tried freesound.org and a few others but they're all pretty awful...
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Real bats are pretty silent. However, a pair of leather or rubber gloves shaken rhythmically should do the trick.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
Telemacus

Post by Telemacus »

Thanks Slowtiger, I might need to try something like that.
strider2000

Post by strider2000 »

I'm not a real big fan of monsters, but Victor's work is so awesome I just had to get this content pack. Especially since they're created in such a fun way.

Victor thanks for sharing your beautiful work with us. I think it was great to provide the 3D backgrounds and use the latest features of anime studio. Creating the actions and an animated scene is invaluable. I especially love how you make characters simple and yet beautiful in their appearance and movement. The things I create are still complex and stiff, so the actions and animated scene are really valuable for helping me lean. I love them and so does my family :)

I love studying your work and the work of many of the people on this forum. Y'all are awesome! :D
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

strider2000 wrote:I'm not a real big fan of monsters, but Victor's work is so awesome I just had to get this content pack. Especially since they're created in such a fun way.

Victor thanks for sharing your beautiful work with us. I think it was great to provide the 3D backgrounds and use the latest features of anime studio. Creating the actions and an animated scene is invaluable. I especially love how you make characters simple and yet beautiful in their appearance and movement. The things I create are still complex and stiff, so the actions and animated scene are really valuable for helping me lean. I love them and so does my family :)

I love studying your work and the work of many of the people on this forum. Y'all are awesome! :D
Thank you very much for your words, Strider2000, I really appreciate it.
I hope to see some more of your work soon in the forum :)
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
strider2000

Post by strider2000 »

Here's a little music video I made with the content pack. Lots of fun :)

Note for beginners: I think a big point of the content pack is that you can make a video like this will little to no hand coded animation. Each character has a useful animation sequence you can use and there is a nice background with parallax :) Definitely worth the purchase for both creating our own animations and learning how to create content. I did do a little with the bat's eye movement and the mummy turn, but mostly I just needed to move the layers.

Thanks Victor and Smith Micro. Really cool content pack :)