Fatal error occurred loading the application

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

janitor

Re: Fatal error occurred loading the application

Post by janitor »

I have a reinstall fix for those using Mac computers, either with Intel processors or the new M1 Silicon models.
(1) Delete the Moho application in the applications folder.
(2) Go to the Lost Marble website and deactivate your current license: https://lostmarble.com/cgi-bin/DeactivateMoho13.pl
Be sure the license number is stored in a safe location before doing so in order to reactivate the application.
(3) Navigate to the Application Support folder containing the Lost Marble folder: /Volume/Users/Shared/Library/Application Support.
(4) Delete the Lost Marble folder.
(4) Empty the trashcan and reboot your computer.
(5) If you haven't already done so, download the trial version of Moho Pro 13.5 from the Lost Marble website: https://moho.lostmarble.com/pages/try
(6) Install the Moho 13.5 application.
(7) Open the Moho 13.5 application in the applications folder. After a moment you should be presented with the normal window giving you the choice to use in trial mode or register using your license number. Fill out the registration form and click activate. You should now have Moho 13.5 working again on your Mac.
drumlug13

Re: Fatal error occurred loading the application

Post by drumlug13 »

PRIMAL MORON wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:56 pm This is fairly technical, but it is fixable, here's the current fix:

The problem lies in the program data folder, to fix it, you're gonna have to go into "C:\ProgramData" and delete the whole "Smith Micro" folder, or, you can delete "Moho" "Moho Debut" and "Moho Pro" Folders within. By doing this, you are removing the fatal error issue, which seems to be linked to serials or something inside the program data itself (Way to go, Smith Micro! /sarcasm/) if you delete these 3 folders, it will remove your serial from the computer though, so you will have to start up by entering your registration data in demo mode to unlock it. It should be noted that your settings, certain features, and your defaults for the preferences will remain unchanged if you do this, because those setting are in yet another folder, called "C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Smith Micro" Which is where they used to store serial data (prior to 12.0) but you don't really need to mess with that one to fix this specific problem, I just wanted you to know your settings are safe.

Now, these folders by default are hidden, meaning if you can't see them where i said they are, there's a setting you have to change to expose them. To make hidden folders visible, you have to go to control panel > search "Hidden" and "Show Hidden Files and folders" go down in that menu to "hidden files and folders" and push the circle button that says "Show hidden folders, files, and drives" once you press that and click "Ok" go back to "C:\ProgramData" and you'll see a folder icon that looks like it's ghosted, this is a hidden folder. go inside and delete the "Smith Micro" folder or the specific ones i mentioned above for just Moho. (So you don't remove all the serial data from all smith micro programs, if you got more.) Also, hidden folders are normally hidden to prevent users from messing with them by default so someone who's not into tech much can't mess up programs. (Which is ironic because this is also how you fix some...)

And please tell me if it works for you, this happened to me when i system restored on my current windows 10 laptop, so i am all about helping out with this fix, cuz i know some of the technical sides of this.

Good luck,
-Matt

Just a FYI that this still works if anybody runs into it for Moho 14. I also got this error after a system restore.
Adam