Opacity

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

MarbleCake

Opacity

Post by MarbleCake »

When i change the opacity or the layer blending mode, I don't seem to get a result. What I am trying to do is place one image layer on top of another as a sort of a colouring, but the lowest layer has black lines that I want to preserve. Is there anyone who can help me? :roll:
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

If you set the mode to Multiply you should get the black lines -have you tried that? Multiply combines the color of the top layer with the color of the underlying layer making a darker color. Multiplying a color with black should give you black -multiplying with white results in no changes to the original; so if your black and white line art is on the bottom then you use a color layer on top set to multiply your white areas will get the color and black areas should still show black.
[url=http://burtabreu.animationblogspot.com:2gityfdw]My AnimationBlogSpot[/url:2gityfdw]
elbramtsol

Post by elbramtsol »

bupaje wrote:If you set the mode to Multiply you should get the black lines -have you tried that? Multiply combines the color of the top layer with the color of the underlying layer making a darker color. Multiplying a color with black should give you black -multiplying with white results in no changes to the original; so if your black and white line art is on the bottom then you use a color layer on top set to multiply your white areas will get the color and black areas should still show black.
thanks! I didn't know that.
Another blending mode explanation please?