automatic fill for all polygons ?!

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

AHMED003ADALAT

automatic fill for all polygons ?!

Post by AHMED003ADALAT »

is there script that can fill all squares or polygons at once so i can use triangulate shapes script without using paint bucket and manually filling each polygon :?

Greenlaw

Re: automatic fill for all polygons ?!

Post by Greenlaw »

Select all the shapes (polygons) and apply the same Style all at once. To select all the shapes, use the Select Shape tool, hold Shift and scribble the cursor over all the shapes. (Note: This is the only native way to select all the shapes. Unfortunately, Select All does not select all shapes. But I believe Mynd created an add-on script that does this.)

And if you apply a custom style, you can change them all at once at any time without selecting any shapes.

Update: These instructions assume you used Auto-fill when you created the polygons. The above instructions are for selecting all the shapes and changing their styles all at once. If you have polygons that do not already have a fill, you need to create those shapes. That could get tedious and you may need to chalk it up to experience.

There may be a script to automatically generate shapes, but I'm not aware of one.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

I think he's talking about creating the fills/shapes, not changing existing ones.

I use Hayasidist's shape tool to create triangulated grids and then sculpt them to my image.
AHMED003ADALAT

Post by AHMED003ADALAT »

thxx for reply but i meant create shapes for all polygons with different shapes at once without making it one big shape ...... i was asking if there were a script would help for that as i use triangulate mesh script and it requires all polygons have their own shapes with lines :?
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Ah, got it. After I posted, I realized that might be what you meant and revised what I wrote a little.
AHMED003ADALAT

Post by AHMED003ADALAT »

what r u mean by triangulated grid ?! i simply create a layer with polygons on the image so it look 2.5 and work with triangulated mesh script and assign it to image :?
AHMED003ADALAT

Post by AHMED003ADALAT »

thank u guys for the help anyway :)
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Yeah, in the future, you need to be sure you have auto-fill enabled. You can always change the fill and stroke of each shape, and even hide the shapes, but if you didn't use auto-fill when you created the polygons then you need to create them manually.

It's not a huge deal to make the shapes manually--you can probably do it in a few minutes--but it's annoying, and it's easy to avoid next time.

Tip: I always create a duplicate of my vector layer before using Triangulate 2D Mesh. This way I always have to the original quad version to edit when I need to.
AHMED003ADALAT

Post by AHMED003ADALAT »

i have it enabled but it makes overall shape of layer .... anyway its fine i'll simply paint bucket each face as i follow victor paredes method of knitting meshes .... thanks guys for the respond
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I mean when you created the smaller shapes, the the large shape. If auto-fill was one when you did when you created the smaller enclosed polygons, you should already have the shapes available, in which case what I wrote above should work.

It if makes it easier to work with, you can select the large shape and kill it.

If you really don't have existing individual shapes, Paint Bucket should work well since the triangles are so simple. I would kill all the existing shapes first (use the Delete Shape tool) to make sure you're not doubling- or tripling-up the shapes. (Note that it's possible to have multiple shapes stacked on top of each other, and if this setup is unintentional, it can cause problems.)