Moho 13.5 .png/ jpeg not working ( SOLVED )

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

opeth

Moho 13.5 .png/ jpeg not working ( SOLVED )

Post by opeth »

Hi all,

I'm trying moho 13.5, but when I open my previous file, I see that png and jpeg formats are not opened . Do you have a problem with me?

Also I can't get these formats in an empty file.

-------------------

Edit :
hayasidist wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:32 pm to summarise what went on in PM-land ...

the bottom line on this is that the pathname to the target file is at the heart of the problem. so, e.g., if the translation of "desktop" in the Windows environment contains "non-English" letters (or the file is stored in a directory structure that includes non-English letters anywhere in the path??) then we get the behaviours observed and an otherwise perfectly valid image file won't import ... I'll log this as a bug.
Last edited by opeth on Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Moho 13 / 13.5 MacBook Pro 16'2 M1 Max 32gb.
Greenlaw

Re: Moho 13.5 .png/ jpeg not working

Post by Greenlaw »

Moho 13.5 loads both JPG and PNG for me.

Do the image files load into the project when you use Set Source Image? If not, how about with Import Image?

Can you post the images so we can test them?
opeth

Post by opeth »

Greenlaw,

I can't even load png and jpeg to empty file . Im using windows 10 last version . They come as a question mark
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

That's really odd. Yeah, the question mark usually means the image wasn't found in the expected location (i.e., the file was moved or renamed.) But if it's showing a ? after you simply import the image into a clean project, that shouldn't happen.

What happens when you try other JPG or PNG images? If those load, I would suspect the non-loading ones are corrupt. If you can post one of the failing images, I can test it here.

If you can't or don't wish to share it, try opening the file in a paint program and resaving it. If the file has some mild corruption, this might 'fix' it.

I think filenames with illegal characters can also prevent images from loading. But of course that doesn't make sense if these images loaded before. Just for kicks, try renaming the files and see what happens.

If none of the above helps, I would get in touch with Lost Marble and have them look at the files.

Hope some of this helps.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
opeth

Post by opeth »

Greenlaw,

We use moho 13 for at least 10 hours a day . We can't bring any jpeg or png to an empty file. I deleted Moho 13.5 and reinstalled the problem is the same.
opeth

Post by opeth »

I uploaded the error, you can see it from this link https://ibb.co/BNnHswg ( sorry for not uploading the site )
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

So this occurs on other computers you have Moho installed on too? And with any PNG/JPG files, not just PNG/JPG files created with 13.0? I would definitely reach out to Victor then. Even though I'm not seeing that problem here, this sounds serious.

I avoided using Moho 13.0 because of all the problems associated with that release, and had long switched back to 12.5 for production work. FWIW, my Moho 12.5 files transfer to 13.5 perfectly, including any PNG files I'm using.

I can imagine compatibility issues with certain aspects of 13.0 files (mostly because of the broken Smart Bone Actions problems,) so here's one more thing you can try: Export the file from Moho 13.0 as a 12.0 file, then open that version in 13.5. That's what I had to do for all the rigs I had created during 13.0 beta testing. For me, the rigs exported to 12.0 were more compatible when opened in 13.5. TBH, I don't see how this will help for PNG and JPG compatibility but give it a shot.

Edit: I just saw your link. Will check it out in a bit.

Edit 2: Saw the screen cap. Yes, normally that just means Moho can't find the file. It might be more helpful if you can upload an example of an image file you can't load.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

What happens if you move the image file to the same folder as the Project file? I'm wondering if Moho is having trouble parsing the path to the image file. Usually, this is because an illegal character or formatting has been used in the path name. Dropping the image file in the same folder with the Project file may at least give us a clue where the problem is.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
opeth

Post by opeth »

Absolutely, we are very pleased with moho. We are still using moho 13 now. But I immediately downloaded 13.5 and opened the file we created on the last 13. Jpegs and pngs appeared as question marks. This time I opened an empty file on moho 13.5 and tried to load any jpeg or png found on my computer. But the problem was still the same. Again it comes as a question mark. We always use Windows 10 as the latest version. I do not know if it is due to win 10 or the latest version of moho 13.5. But it's a strange and ridiculous problem
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Try using Gather Media in v13.0 and then open that file in v13.5.
opeth

Post by opeth »

Greenlaw wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:25 pm What happens if you move the image file to the same folder as the Project file? I'm wondering if Moho is having trouble parsing the path to the image file. Usually, this is because an illegal character or formatting has been used in the path name. Dropping the image file in the same folder with the Project file may at least give us a clue where the problem is.

I opened a new folder and saved a moho file in it. I put the jpeg I will use in this folder. I opened moho and reloaded jpeg. The problem came as the same question mark again. But I tried that too. I uploaded the same jpeg to Photoshop and saved it as .psd. This time it opened as jpeg in .psd.
opeth

Post by opeth »

synthsin75 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:31 pm Try using Gather Media in v13.0 and then open that file in v13.5.
The problem is the same. I opened a new file at 13 and uploaded jpeg without any problem. I saved the file. When you open it with 13.5 it opens as a big question mark
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

opeth wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:36 pm
synthsin75 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:31 pm Try using Gather Media in v13.0 and then open that file in v13.5.
The problem is the same. I opened a new file at 13 and uploaded jpeg without any problem. I saved the file. When you open it with 13.5 it opens as a big question mark
Did you use Gather Media? This makes sure the images are where Moho can find them.
You don't have any non-unicode characters in the image file names, do you?
opeth

Post by opeth »

synthsin75 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:38 pm
opeth wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:36 pm
Did you use Gather Media? This makes sure the images are where Moho can find them.
You don't have any non-unicode characters in the image file names, do you?
I can't open any jpeg files . İf i try open any jpeg under the file menu. Moho 13.5 sas ''Could not open file . This image file couldnt be opened. '' . Whats the gather media.? Sorry i really dont know but we use same images on moho 13 without any problem ( (we can't open all jpeg files on moho 13.5 )
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

File>Gather Media

This will create a folder that includes the Moho file, image folder, etc.. Try opening that file in 13.5.