particle system

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

davoodice2

particle system

Post by davoodice2 »

Hello.

please add a parameter such as "emission rate(number of particles emitted per second)". So that the life of the particles has no effect on their number of emissions per second.
and change particle count to max particles.(The total number of particles that can exist in a particle system).

that makes more easy to control particles behavior.

some other parameters that can be useful:
random life
random scale
random rotation
particle opacity
opacity based on life
scale based on life
change acceleration name to gravity
and support collision.

Thanks.
خیام اگر ز باده مستی خوش باش
با ماهرخی اگر نشستی خوش باش
چون عاقبت کار جهان نیستی است
انگار که نیستی چو هستی خوش باش
synthsin75

Re: particle system

Post by synthsin75 »

Most of that, if not all, can be accomplished with the existing system and animating the particles themselves.
davoodice2

Post by davoodice2 »

synthsin75 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:45 pm Most of that, if not all, can be accomplished with the existing system and animating the particles themselves.
you right. but particle emission rate is very necessary.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Particle lifetime has to be a limit to their rate, because there's a set number of particles generated. Otherwise, set the lifetime to zero, for infinite.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Looking at that list, I think what davoodice2 is asking for is something more like Trapcode Particular (TCP) for After Effects. TCP is the reason I add most of my particle effects in Ae, rather than in Moho--there's a lot more granular (ha ha) control over the particles, their properties and behavior. (For example, almost every property in TCP is keyframeable...and there are a LOT of properties you can animate.) But TCP is an expensive third-party add-on for After Effects, so it's expected to do a lot more than Ae's native particle systems.

That said, if Moho's native particle system got even just some of TCP's features, I would certainly use it more regularly. I currently use Moho's native system only when I need the system to interact directly with a character's rig, and to use sprites that have been animated inside Moho...and when I don't need any of the extra stuff I get from TCP.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Yeah, expected feature set has to be somewhat moderated by price point. I'm sure if LM had the budget of AE, we'd have tons more features. But we'd also not have half the one-man/small-team user base. Aside from trying to compete directly with the likes of Adobe.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Yeah, I agree...like I said, TCP is a third party tool so it's an extra expense even for After Effects users (and an expensive one at that.) But if Mike is ever inclined to improve the particle system, it's worth considering.

That said, (broken record time) I'd rather he focus on improving the freehand tools first. That before anything else. :P
davoodice2

Post by davoodice2 »

Greenlaw wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:54 am Yeah, I agree...like I said, TCP is a third party tool so it's an extra expense even for After Effects users (and an expensive one at that.) But if Mike is ever inclined to improve the particle system, it's worth considering.

That said, (broken record time) I'd rather he focus on improving the freehand tools first. That before anything else. :P
Respectfully yours, I Think make moho workspace fully multithreated is much better idea.